The government of Assam announced Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme with a mission to promote rural tourism in Assam. The scheme will be launched very soon and aims to attract tourist in Assam and also to create jobs in semi-urban and rural areas in the state. Under the scheme standardized and trusted homestays will be provided to the tourists. Assam attracts a lots of foreign and domestic tourist every year due and the major difficulties they face is the cost justified and trusted accommodation. Mostly such accommodation is available in the urban areas very few tourists venture into the scenic rural areas in the state. The Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme will allow locals to run such homestays and provide earning opportunities as well. One the other hand it will provide trusted and clean accommodation at the affordable prices along with the Assamese food and also get to experience local culture and traditions.
Implementation of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme:
The scheme will be implemented by the Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC). It will cost around 16.29 crores to the state. The first phase of the scheme will be between 2017-2018 during which 40 homestays will be setup in the Golaghat district which is in the middle of the Kaziranga National Park. The subsequent phases following districts will be covered: 25 in Barpeta, 20 each in Majuli, Morigaon, Haflong-Umrangsu, 15 in Sonitpur and 10 each in Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Jorhat, Hajo-Sualkuchi and Darrang.
Benefits of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme:
- Clean and safe homestays for the tourists at affordable rates
- Attract tourists to the rural areas in the Assam
- Empowers rural economy through rural tourism
- Creates jobs in the rural areas of the state
- The scheme also aims to conserve nature, culture, traditions and customs
- Tourists gets to taste local cuisines along with Assamese hospitality along with culture and traditions
- 80% financial assistance to setup new home stays
- Professional advice and training in the hospitality management
- Free publicity and marketing
- Existing home stays can register online and get registered as authorized homestay
More details of the Aamaar Aalohi (Our Guest) – rural homestay scheme: http://assamtourism.gov.in/