Antyodaya Anna yojna is the scheme introduce by central government on 25 December 2000 under the ministry of food supplies and consumer affairs for ten million of the poorest families. The main objective of this scheme is to provide 35 kg wheat and rise at very cheap rate per month to those who belong to very poor families or below poverty line (BPL), wheat will be provided at 2 Rs/kg and rise will be at 3 Rs/kg under the public distribution scheme. Antyodya Anna Yojana is mainly preserved for the poorest of the poor, both urban and rural poor can get the benefits of scheme. Following the recognition of Antyodaya families, unique quota cards to be recognized an “Antyodaya Ration Card” must be given to the Antyodaya families by the chosen power.
Benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojna
- Food grain will be available at cheaper cost per month.
- 35 kg Wheat will be provided at 2 Rs/kg and rise will be at 3 Rs/kg.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojna
- The beneficiary must belong to BPL below poverty line.
- Must be selected for Antyodaya ration card issued by designated authority.
Document required for registration of Antyodaya Anna Yojna
- The income certificate of the family to be issued by the concerned Patwari of that area.
- Deletion Certificate or the Certificate that shows the applicant was not holding any ration card previously. The affidavit to this effect from the applicant that he didn’t hold any ration card previously must be submitted.
- No need to pay fee for issuing antyodaya anna yojna
- Address proof.
- Identity proof
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Antyodaya Anna Yojna
- For rural area – the person living in rural area has to apply on a plan paper with details of his family member’s income etc. to the Panchayat Pradhan of his area for this scheme. Gram Sabha will decide whether the family is eligible to be taken under the Scheme or not. After the selection of families the list will be further approved by the Department of Rural Development.
- For urban area – person need to visit Municipal Corporation.