The Balika Samridhi Yojana is the scheme started by central government (Ministry of Women and Child Development) in 1997. The Balika Samridhi Yojana is an important initiative of the government to raise the status of girl child. The main aim of the scheme is to change the negative attitude of families and communities towards the girl child, to increase enrollment and retention of girl’s school, to rise the mirage age of girl and increase income opportunities and activities, to help lady to perform successful actions, to provide scholarships of well education. BSY provides benefits to both from rural and urban areas in all over India
Benefits of Balika Samridhi Yojana
- The amount received from post-birth and annual scholarship for attending school shall be deposited in an interest bearing account.
- Benefit of Rs – 500 for a post-birth, means after getting girl child birth.
- When the girl child born on or after 15 august 19997 and covered under BSY starts attending the school, she will become entitled to annual scholarship after successfully completed year of schooling. The rate of the annual scholarship is as follows: Class and Amount of Scholarship
- I-III – Rs 300 per annum for each class.
- IV – Rs 500 per annum.
- V – Rs 600 per annum.
- VI-VII – Rs 700 per annum for each class.
- VIII – Rs 500 per annum.
- IX-X – Rs 1000 per annum for each class.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Balika Samridhi Yojana
- The girl child who belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line) or having yellow ration card is eligible for Balika Samridhi Yojana
- Benefits are limited to two girl children in each household born on or after 15 August 1997
Document required for registration
- BPL card or yellow ration card is required
- Residence proof of mother e.g. Aadhar card
- Identity proof of mother e.g. Aadhar card, voter id
Whom to contact and where to contact
- People can contact to Grampanchyat Office, Anganwadi Center, Municipal Corporation
References & details