Beti Bachao Beti Padhao (BBBP) is the scheme started by Ministry of Child and Woman Development. The reason behind starting this scheme is to balance the child sex ratio (CSR) which is getting worse day by day due to gender discrimination. Child sex ratio is actually the number of girl child per 1000 boys which is only 918 as per 2011 census after falling down from 945 to 927 and now 918. The reason behind this severe situation of girls in our society is the unfair behavior against women’s during birth and humiliation after birth. The objective of this scheme is to make woman powerful and remove gender discrimination from society. The scheme is launched actively in 100 districts, states and UT’s where CSR is low. The initiative is joint venture carried at mass level by Ministry of Child & Woman Development, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Benefits of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Education for Women: Under this scheme there is guaranteed education provided to every daughter for free.
- Woman Safety Cells: Special attention & establishment of forces for the security of women in society.
- Government & Private Hospitals for Women: Reservations for women in health care organizations.
- Awards for daring girls standing up as role models in the society: Appreciating the girl’s heroes who fought against all odds.
- Bringing Gender equality in the society: The major motive is achieved of bringing number of girls equal to boys.
Eleligibility of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao:
- Parents with daughter, Lactating Mothers, Youths.
- Schools to run the campaign.
Documents required for registration:
- Ration card
- Birth Certificate of Daughter
- Identity card (Aadhar card/PAN card)
- Resident proof of parents
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao:
- Aangan Wadi centres
- PMO (write to Prime Minister)
- District Collectors and Deputy Commissioners
For further details please visit the link: http://wcd.nic.in/BBBPScheme/main.htm