Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched BHIM-Aadhaar platform for merchants. Along with this, with an aim to reward BHIM App users, prime minister announced two schemes under the BHIM App on the occasion of the 126th birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar in Nagpur in Maharashtra. The launched two schemes named as BHIM Referral Bonus Scheme and BHIM Cashback schemes for consumers and merchants respectively.
The BHIM referral bonus and cashback schemes have been launched by the Narendra Modi in order to push the use of BHIM App and hence the digital payments. The government has set a budget outlay of Rs. 495 Crore for 6 months for the implementation of the schemes. The app is particularly aimed at helping people make payments digitally using their biometric data like their thumb imprint on a merchants’ biometric-enabled device which could be smartphone having a biometric reader.
Here are the key features of these two new schemes:
- BHIM Referral Bonus Scheme (for individuals):
- The Referral Bonus scheme will incentivise existing BHIM users for bringing new users on the BHIM platform and encouraging the new users to do transactions with others using BHIM or by referring new users on BHIM. Hence, the bonus will be paid to both the referrer and the new user of BHIM (referee).
- The referral will be considered successful only after 3 unique successful financial transactions have been completed by the new user.
- On completion of minimum three unique successful transactions totalling only Rs. 50 to any three unique users (either to customers or to merchants), the referrer and the referee will be notified about the bonus amount via notification in BHIM App.
- The referrer will get Rs. 10 per successful referral, while the new users will get Rs. 25 for downloading and transacting from BHIM App.
- Any Indian citizen without access to smart phones, internet, debit or credit cards will be able to transact digitally through the BHIM Aadhaar platform.
- BHIM Cashback scheme for Merchants:
- The scheme is launched for merchants and has two objectives-increasing the number of merchants registered on BHIM and increasing the number of merchant payment transactions using BHIM.
- The scheme incentivises not just one-time adoption of BHIM by merchants, but will also encourage transactions via BHIM mode (either QR code or VPA or Mobile number or “Pay to Aadhaar”).
- The cashback to the merchant can be up to Rs. 300 per month, with each merchant eligible to win up to Rs. 1,800 in six months.
- Under the Cashback scheme, the merchants will get a cash back on every transaction using BHIM. Both schemes are to be administered by MEITY and implemented by NPCI
BHIM Aadhaar Payment App Download:
- BHIM App for Android (Google Play): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.org.npci.upiapp&hl=en&rdid=in.org.npci.upiapp
- BHIM App for iOS (iTunes): https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/bhim-bharat-interface-for-money/id1200315258?mt=8
BHIM App Features
- Make payment using Aadhar card
- send and receive money with just one tap in any bank in India
- This app will more secure so that all of your money will be safe.
- All payments can be done easily via one click.
- exchange information with other UPI apps and bank account
- To send money, all you need is UPI Address of other guy.
- In BHIM App, it’s very easy to switch between your multiple bank accounts as well.
- BHIM APP is based on IMPS (Immediate Payment Service).
References & Details:
- For more details regarding BHIM app visit: http://govinfo.me/bhim-app-download-use/
- For more details regarding BHIM merchant pay app and how does BHIM merchant pay app works visit: http://govinfo.me/bhim-aadhaar-aadhaar-payment-app-merchants/