The Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students is introduce by central government (Ministry of Human and Resource Development). The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from poor families and economical weaker families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. The scholarships will be given on the basis of the results of senior secondary examination for graduate/post-graduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering, etc. could be provided.
Benefits of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- Students will get scholarship Rs. 2000/- per month at Post-Graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs. 2000/- per month in the 4th and 5th year.
- The scholarships would be paid for 10 months in an academic year.
- Scholarship will disburse directly into the bank accounts of the beneficiary.
- 50 % of the scholarships would be earmarked for girls.
- Students will get scholarship Rs. 1000/- per month at Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses.
- Students will help students to continue their education in graduation and post graduation.
- Students will get financial assistance to meet their regular expenses.
Eligibility for applying Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- For getting scholarship student’s parental income should not more than 6, 00,000.
- Student should have meritorious score i.e.80 % or more in HSC or 12th
- Student should be pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) from recognized educational institutions.
- Student should not avail of any other scholarship scheme if beneficiary is already getting any other scholarship then he/she will not eligible.
- Students belonging to reserved categories / weaker sections/minorities are eligible on the basis of merit.
Document required for applying Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students
- Bank account of beneficiary and bank details e.g. IFSC code, MICR code, Branch name.
- School documents e.g. Marksheet.
- Address proof e.g. Aadhar card
- Identity proof e.g. School identity card.
- Self-attested passport size photograph with signature.
- If Student belong to “non-creamy layer” then it is required.
- Caste certificate.
- Income certificate below (6 lakh).
- The examining bodies will draw up a merit list of scholars likely to be eligible for scholarship within five weeks after the results of the examinations announced by the Boards/Universities/Authority for all students. The income of the students’ parents will be taken into account before preparing the list.
- The Boards/Universities in the State/Union Territory will send to each candidate shortlisted for consideration for award of scholarships the following (a) Entitlement Card (b) income Affidavit form (c) A Form for ‘Statement of Particulars’.
- The shortlisted scholars shall present the Entitlement Card, income Affidavit form and Statement of Particulars, duly filled-in to the Head of the institution joined by him/her. The Head of the institution will complete the Entitlement Card and send it to the concerned State Board, CBSE, ICSE.
- On receipt of the ‘joining report’ along with the completed ‘Statement of Particulars’ and ‘income Affidavit, the concerned Board will then compile the list of scholarship awardees of that Board on the basis of merit, eligibility criteria and reservation guidelines of the Central Govt. and send the same to the National Scholarship Division of MHRD, Department of Higher Education which will arrange to pay the scholarship to the scholar through a designated bank.
For online/offline registration visit here
References & Details