The Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance scheme is started by Tamilnadu government to provide free medical and surgical treatment in government and private hospitals to the members of any family whose annual family income is less than Rs .72, 000(as certified by the Village Administrative Officers). The Scheme provides coverage for meeting all expenses relating to hospitalization and other.
Toll Free Number: 1800 425 3993
Benefits of Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme:
- The Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance scheme provides benefits in the form of free medical and surgical treatment in government and private hospitals
- The scheme provides cashless hospitalization facility for certain specified procedures. The scheme provides coverage up to Rs. 1, 00,000 per family per year on a floater basis for the ailments and procedures
- For certain specified ailments and procedures of critical nature the overall limit is increased from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 1,50,000
Required eligibility and conditions for applying Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme:
- Every member of a family whose annual family income is less than Rs.72,000/- as certified by Village Administrative Officer
- Other person who are be declared to be eligible for coverage under the “Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme” by the Government will be “Eligible Persons” under the scheme
- All candidates who are in family should have name in ration card
- “Family” includes the eligible member, and the members of his or her family as detailed below
- Legal spouse of the eligible person
- Children of the eligible person till they get employed or married or attain the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier, and who are dependent on the eligible person.
- Dependent parents of the eligible person
Application procedure and document required for applying Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme:
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Smart card of scheme (The new enrolment and issue of cards will be through district kiosk established by the insurance company at the District Collectorate)
- Aadhar card
- Free health camps will be conducted by network hospitals as per the directions given by Project Director of Tamil Nadu Health Systems Society. Minimum of one camp per month per empanelled hospital will be held in the districts in each policy year. The persons who need treatment are identified in the Health camps. Such patients can approach the hospital in the network and follow the guidelines below
- A new Health Insurance identity card with biometrics is being issued to all those members who have been holding the smart cards in the earlier scheme.
- Till such time new cards are issued the public can use the earlier smart (Health) cards
- This card should be shown at the Assistance Counter established at the empanelled hospital.
- After due verification of the details and authenticating the identity of the patient by the Liaison Officer, the necessary Pre-authorization request for cashless facility will be submitted by the DMO of the hospital.
- The Project Office will approve the request on authentication of the identity and provided the procedure planned is within the Scheme
Whom to contact and where to contact:
- Project Office:
No 226, Om Shakti Towers,
Kilpauk Garden Road, Kilpauk,
CHENNAI – 600010, Tamil Nadu, India
- Toll Free Number: 1800 425 3993
- For getting hospital address and contact details please visit mentioned link: http://www.cmchistn.com/hospitalList.php
References & details:
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit official website: http://www.cmchistn.com/index.php