Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is the scheme launched by central government (ministry of power) to provide continuous power supply to rural areas. The DDUGJY scheme will enable to initiate much awaited reforms in the rural areas. It focuses on feeder separation (rural households & agricultural) and strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas. This will help in providing round the clock power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers.
Benefits of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- All villagers and household will be electrified. Means everyone will have electricity at home and agriculture.
- Will Increase agriculture yield.
- Business of Small and household enterprises will grow resulting into new avenues for employment.
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) services
- Improvement in accessibility to radio, telephone, television, internet and mobile
- Betterment in social security due to availability of electricity
- Accessibility of electricity to schools, panchayats, hospitals and police stations etc.
- Rural areas will get increased opportunities for comprehensive development.
- Free electric connection to those who belong to BPL (below poverty line)
Eligibility for getting benefits of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
Eligibility is decided form survey report provided by the departmental team
- Those rural areas where no electricity supply reached yet.
- Those villages are not covered under RGGVY (Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana) scheme will be eligible for this scheme Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
- All Discomsincluding private Discoms and State Power Departments are eligible for financial assistance under this Scheme. Discoms will prioritize strengthening of rural infrastructure work considering specific network requirement and will formulate Detailed Project Reports (DPRs) of the projects for coverage under the Scheme. Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) is the Nodal Agency for operationalization of this Scheme.
Not eligible works under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- Work already sanctioned under another government scheme.
- Service line to APL consumer.
- Underground cable work.
- Civil work other than sub-station etc.
Document required for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
This is the scheme implemented by government so that documents will be prepared by government agencies or department itself. And it contains number of technical terms
- Approval for implementation of project from different executing agencies departments.
- Proposal for electricity supply in respective area made by villagers, political leaders, to electricity department.
- In case of any single beneficiary does not have power connection then he could need, BPL card/ ration card, residence proof ,identification proof, and respective application form.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- District level departments e.g. electricity board
- Rural Electrification Corporation limited.
For more detail information visit here