The Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojna is the scheme launched by central government (ministry of woman and child development) in 2010. The scheme epically is launched for pregnant and lacting woman, the main objective is to partly compensate them for wage-loss during childbirth and childcare and also provide conditions for ensuring safe delivery and promote good nutrition and feeding practices for infants and young children, including early and exclusive breastfeeding for the first six months, and Contributing to an enabling environment for the above practices by providing cash incentives for improved health and nutrition to pregnant and lactating mothers.
Benefits of Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojna
- Pregnant woman will get compensation of Rs 4000 in three installments and except those who receive paid maternity leave. After the implementation of National Food Security Act the amount has been revised Rs 6000 in two installment
- Pre and post delivery care will be taken of pregnant woman.
- Diet which contains balance nutrition will be provided to child and mother.
- Enough care will be taken of health of woman while pregnancy and delivery.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojna
- All pregnant women of 19 years of age and above are eligible for the benefits under the Scheme for the first two live births; however any women getting already paid maternity leave are not eligible for the benefits under this scheme.
- Pregnant woman.
- Woman not less than 19 year old.
- She or her husband does not work in Government/Public Sector Undertaking (Central and State).
For getting cash compensation some conditions are there.
- Registration of pregnancy at the anganwadi centre (AWC) within four months of conceiving,
- Attending at least one pre-natal care session and taking IFA tablets and TT (tetanus injection), and Attending at least one counseling session at the AWC or healthcare center
- The birth of the child is should be registered.
- The mother has attended at least two growth monitoring sessions within three months of delivery, the mother attending at least two counseling sessions on growth monitoring and infant and child nutrition and feeding between the third and sixth months after delivery.
- Breastfeeding certificate will be given to mother
- Immunize the child with OPV and BCG at birth, at six weeks and at 10 weeks
Document required for registration of Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojna
No special requirement for documents but some documents for formality are needed
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Residence proof etc.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojna
- Beneficiary woman must contact to (AWC) Anganwadi center.
For more information visit here
Scheme related video please visit here