India is among few nations in the world which has large number of children living on streets. The conditions in which they are living is worst and it will lead their life to nowhere. There are many NGOs, charitable trusts and government organizations are coming forth and working effectively for the welfare of this underprivileged portion of population.
The scheme Integrated Scheme for Street Children is for organizations who are working for the welfare of street children’s. Under the scheme government will provide 90% of the expenses to the organizations providing shelter, food, education and other basic necessities to the children’s who are destitute, living on street, slum residents etc. Goal of this scheme is to safeguard the children especially vulnerable to abuse and exploitation such as children of sex workers and children living on streets.
Benefits of Integrated Scheme for Street Children:
- Provides shelter: The scheme provides shelter to the street children and prevent their life of destitution
- Nutrition: The scheme takes care of nutrition of such homeless children
- Non-formal Education: Under the scheme the non-formal education is also provided, so that the children get introductory knowledge before they start actual education
- 24*7 drop in shelter service: The establishment of 24*7 drop in shelter service will be there to make sure that irrespective of time no children miss out the shelter service by the scheme
- Programme implementation: The scheme makes sure that various programme necessary for the betterment of their life is implemented
- Under this scheme organization can receive up to Rs 15 lakhs per year
Eligibility for Integrated Scheme for Street Children:
- Any registered organizations which is a NGO, charitable trust, educational institution and government organization are eligible for the scheme
- The organization should be non-profit organization
- Street children’s, children’s of homeless families, children’s living on pavements, children’s of sex workers, children’s living in slums under destitution are eligible to get admitted for the scheme
- Organization registration proof
- Complete application form
- Bank account passbook under organization name (with details like bank name, branch name, account type, account holder name, MICR & IFSC code)
The organization desirous to apply and get grants for the street children has to submit their written application to the Social Justice Department of Kerala Government after which the survey will be conducted and post that decision will be taken.
Whom to contact where to contact for more information about the scheme:
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
References and Details:
For more details about the scheme kindly visit the following link