Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna (KVPY) is actually the scholarship funded by Department of Science and Technology of Govt. of India. The scholarship is granted to the students with talent and aptitude ability to undertake any research. It’s administered by Indian Institute of Science where the students are provided environment to perform on their idea and research. The students from Std. XI to the 1st year of any undergraduate are evaluated for this scholarship. The student can be in any of science accredited course. The student needs to apply for the scholarship and appear for the exam where the 75% weight-age is given to aptitude test and 25% to personal interview which student will undergo on clearing the test. The test is in three formats all depending on the education student is taking (SA, SB, and SX). Fees for the application form is for general/OBS Rs. 1055 and for SC/ST/PWD Rs. 528. Once all tests are cleared student is granted scholarship for 4-5 years.
Benefits of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna:
- 1st Year Fellowship: Students receive fellowship right from the first year. From 1st year to 3rd year of graduation (B.Sc./B.Stat./B.S./B.Math/etc..) students get Rs. 5000 fellowship per month with Rs. 20,000 as annual contingency fund.
- 4th Year Fellowship: after three years of graduation for 4th and 5th year (M.S./M.Sc.) there is a hike in fellowship that students get. After hike students get Rs. 7000 per month fellowship and Rs. 28,000 as annual contingency fund.
- Possibility to get into IISC Bangalore: Performing well in the test may increase the chances of student to get into Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Experts Direction: Clearing the test brings whole new opportunities to students where they will get assisted by experts in their field of interest.
Eligibility for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna
- Student must have Indian Citizenship.
- Student should study in India.
- Student enrolled in any of science undergraduate courses like B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int.M.S./Int.M.Sc. in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neuroscience, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Material Science or Environmental science are eligible.
Document required for the scheme
- Mark sheets of latest education first.
- Admit card
- Complete application form.
- Research Report.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Kishore Viagyanik Protsahan Yojna.
Since the scholarship program is under IISC, Bangalore administration student can use following contact details.
Telephone: (080)22932975/76, 23601008, 22933536.
Online Form to enroll for the scholarship:
Application forms are made available when registration is on till its deadline on the official page link provided http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm.
For more details visit link:
To get more details and previous exam question papers, mock tests and FAQs refer the link http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/index.htm