The Maulana Azad National Fellowship scheme is introduce by central government (ministry of minority affairs) to provide financial help to the poor students belonging to minority communities and those student are not able to continue education after post graduation. The main objective of this fellowship scheme is to provide integrated five year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government to pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D. The Fellowships awarded to research students pursuing regular and full time M. Phil and Ph.D courses. The fellowship holders under this Fellowship will be known as Ministry of Minority Affairs scholars. The Fellowship will cover all Universities/Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Benefits of Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme
- Beneficiary student will get financial help for pursuing research courses.
- Duration of fellowship.
- Phil- 2 year.
- Phil+Ph.D – 5 year.
- Fellowship will be available in following way.
- Fellowship – Rs -25000 per month for initial two year and Rs- 28000 for remaining period.
- Contingency for Arts & Commerce- 10000 per annum for initial two year and Rs- 20500 per annum for remaining period.
- Contingency for Sciences & Engineering- 12000 per annum for initial two year and Rs- 25000 per annum for remaining period.
- Departmental assistance – 3, 000/- per annum per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure.
- Escorts/Reader Assistance – 2, 000/- per month in cases of physically and visually challenged candidates.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Maulana Azad National Fellowship Scheme
- The student must be from minority group.
- The student must have passed post graduation examination with 50%.
- The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D courses in University/Academic Institution at the first available opportunity.
- The income of student parent should not more than 45, 00, 00(4.5 lakh).
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship should not enroll themselves for any other scheme.
- The scholarship will be cancel if student avail another scholarship or discontinue his/her education or student changes course.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- Fellowship cannot be transferred from one minority community to another.
- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians Parsis, are able to get scholarship.
Where to apply and which documents are required
- The candidate can apply online http://www.ugc.ac.in/manf/
- The list of documents
- Student passport size photo. (Mandatory)
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
- Self declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory)
- Self declaration of community by the student. (Mandatory)
- In case of Fresh Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory)
- In case of Renewal Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory)
- Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory)
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (Mandatory), IFSC, MICR code.
- Aadhaar Card (optional)
- Income certificate would required valid for one year
- Residential Certificate. (Mandatory)
Where to contact
- Toll free no- 1800112001
- Address- Ministry Of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor Paryawaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Online registration form is available here
For more information visit here