The Merit Cum Means Scholarship scheme is introduce by central government (ministry of minority affairs) to provide financial help to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities and those student are not able to continue education due to lack of money but they are meritorious to enable them and to pursue professional and technical courses and to continue their education. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and will be awarded through State Government/UT Administration or an Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration for this purpose.
Benefits of Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme
- Beneficiary would get financial help for professional and technical course if he has good academic record till 12th class or he/she is meritorious.
- Scholarship will be directly transferred to beneficiary’s bank account.
- Maintenance Allowance (For 10 months only) – Rs 10000 per annum for hosteller and Rs 5000 per annum for day scholar will be given.
- Course Fee Rs 20000 per annum for both hosteller and day scholar will be given.
- 30% scholarship is reserve for girls of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Merit Cum Means Scholarship scheme
- Merit Cum Means scholarship is will be awarded to the students who have secured merit or scholarship will be strictly awarded on the merit basis.
- The student must be from minority group.
- The income of student parent should not more than 25, 00, 00.
- Beneficiary must have well past academic record or must have scored 50% and more than into 12th
- The scholarship will be cancel if student avail another scholarship or discontinue his/her education or student changes course.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- Those who passed 12th and want to pursue technical and professional course are eligible but student should be meritorious.
- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) are able to get scholarship.
- Student who have got admission for professional/technical course through competitive exam.
Where to apply and which documents are required
- The scheme is implemented through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website of this Ministry i.e. scholarships.gov.in
- The list of documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under
- Student passport size photo. (Mandatory)
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory)
- Self declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory)
- Self declaration of community by the student. (Mandatory)
- In case of Fresh Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory)
- In case of Renewal Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form. (Mandatory)
- Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory)
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of student. (Mandatory), IFSC, MICR code.
- Aadhaar Card (optional)
- Income certificate would required valid for one year
- Residential Certificate. (Mandatory)
Where to contact
- Toll free no- 1800112001
- Address- Ministry Of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor Paryawaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Online registration form is available here
For more information visit here