The Padho Pardesh Scheme is launched by prime minister in 15 point programme in 2006 for welfare of minorities. The main objective of this scheme is to provide scholarship to meritorious students in term of interest subsidy to those belonging to economically weaker sections of notified minority communities so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education in abroad and enhance their employability. The scheme of Interest Subsidy on educational loans for overseas studies will promote educational advancement of student from minority communities. Means interest free loan will be available for higher studies in abroad.
Benefits of Padho Pardesh Scheme
- Students who belong to economically weaker section of minority community will get interest free loan for higher education in abroad.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Padho Pardesh Scheme
- The student should have secured admission in the approved courses at Masters, M.Phil or Ph.D levels abroad.
- He/ She should have availed loan from a scheduled bank under the Education Loan Scheme of the Indian Banks Association (IBA) for the purpose.
- Students who belong to minority community’s viz. Muslims Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, and Parsis and want to pursue higher studies i.e. Masters, M.Phil & Ph. D level abroad are eligible for this scheme.
Conditions for interest subsidy
- The Scheme is applicable for higher studies abroad.
- The interest subsidy under the scheme shall be available to the eligible students only once, either for Masters or Ph.D levels and not for those students who discontinue education in mid.
- The subsidy will be cancel if student gives up Indian citizenship during the tenure of the loan.
Document required for registration
Ministry does not require any document from the student directly. Students have to submit the documents as per requirement of Lending Bank for availing the Educational Loan. Ministry will provide reimbursement of interest accrued on Educational Loan up to moratorium period.
Some important documents are
- Application form fully completed and signed.
- Two passport size photo
- Income proof
- Property document in case of mortgage
- Admission proof.
- Residence proof(passport, driving license)
- Academic Documents of Student
- Marksheet/Certificate of 12th Exam
- Marksheet/Certificate of Subsequent Years of Education e.g. BE, BCom, BSc, etc.
- Marksheet of Any Entrance Exam Taken e.g. CAT, CET, etc. (If applicable)
- GRE/GMAT/TOFEL/IELTS, etc. Marksheets (If applicable)
- Scholarship Documents (if applicable)
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Nationalize or designated Bank (Bank of India, SBI)
- Toll free no- 1800112001
- Address- Ministry of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor Paryawaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
For more information visit here