The Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme is launched by prime minister in 15 point programme in 2006 for welfare of minorities. The main objective of this scheme is to provide scholarship to meritorious students those belonging to economically weaker sections of notified minority communities so as to provide them better opportunities for increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability and Empowerment through education and upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities. The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centers affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Benefits of Post-Matric-Scholarship
- Financial assistance will be provided to minority students.
- Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII – Rs 7000 per annum for both hosteller and day scholar will be given.
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges of Rs.10, 000 p.a. Rs.10, 000 p.a. for raw materials, etc.) – Rs 10000 per annum for both hosteller and day scholar will be given.
- Admission and tuition fee for under graduate, post graduate – Rs 3000 per annum for both hosteller and day scholar will be given.
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)
- Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level – Rs.380 per month for hosteller and Rs.230 per month for day scholar will be given.
- Courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level – Rs.570 per month for hosteller and 300 per month for day scholar get will
- Phil and Ph.D (For those researchers who are not awarded any fellowship by university or any other authority) – Rs.1200 per month for hosteller and Rs.550 per month for day scholar will get.
- 30% scholarship is reserve for girls of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Post-Matric-Scholarship
- Pre-Matric scholarship is will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Beneficiaries family income should not more than two lakh(Rs 200000)
- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) are able to get scholarship.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the annual examination.
- Students from BPL families, having the lowest income will be given preference in the ascending order.
Document required for registration
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of income or Income certificate of father less than 2 lakh from tahashildar or tax inspector
- Bank account of beneficiary and bank details e.g. IFSC code, MICR code, Branch name.
- School documents e.g. Marksheet.
- Address proof e.g. Aadhar card
- Identity proof e.g. School identity card.
- Self-attested passport size photograph with signature.
- Receipt in acknowledgment of scholarship in the previous year duly countersigned by the Head of the school/institute.
- Minority community declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper by the student that he/she belongs to any one of the minority communities notified by Central Government.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary’s college/institute or beneficiary can apply online on given below link.
- Toll free no- 1800112001
- Address- Ministry of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor Paryawaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Online registration form is available here
- Form for self declaration of family income- http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/sites/upload_files/moma/files/SELF_DECLARATION_OF_INCOME_BY_STUDENTS.pdf
- Form of self declaration of minority community student-http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/sites/upload_files/moma/files/SELF_DECLARATION_OF_MINORITY_COMMUNITY_BY_STUDENTS.pdf
For more information visit here