The Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Other Backward Classes Students is launched by central government (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment) to provide financial assistance to OBC students. The main objective of this scheme is to provide help to OBC students those who are perusing post-matriculation or post secondary so that they could complete their education. These scholarships will be available for studies in India only and will be awarded by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled. 100% central assistance will be provided to State Government/UT.
Benefits of Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for OBC Students
- OBC students those who are eligible for scholarship will get financial help for perusing further education as per course and 100% financial assistance will be there.
- For more details regarding benefits please visit links mentioned in in “For more details…” section below.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for OBC Students
- All students who belong to OBC across country are eligible for Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for OBC.
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs specified in relation to the State /UT to which the applicant actually belongs, i.e. permanently settled and who have passed the Matriculation or Higher Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Only two children of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarship.
- Parents income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 44,500 per annum.
Document required for applying for Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for OBC Students
- One copy of the application for scholarship in the prescribed form (separate application forms have been prescribed for ‘fresh’ and renewal scholarship).
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student.
- One attested copy of certificates/diploma/degree etc., in respect of all examination passed.
- Caste certificate of student.
- An income certificate by the parents stating definite income from all sources.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year
- Application complete in all respect shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be addressed to an officer specified for this purpose by the Government of State/Union Territory to which the student belong in accordance with the instructions issued by them from time to time.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can contact to his/her school/institute etc. or can visit online official website (https://www.scholarships.gov.in)
Application for scholarship registration
Candidates can apply either online mode or offline mode.
- For online applications: https://www.scholarships.gov.in
- For offline applications: please visits your school/college for the application form & more details
References & details: