The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna is the scheme launched by central government (ministry of agriculture and farmer welfare) on 13th January 2016 in the leadership of Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi. The scheme is epically introduced for farmers to reduce their economical burden and increase more output in farm. Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna is the new crop damage insurance scheme the main objective of this scheme is to save the farmers from getting their crops damaged in natural calamities and also provide financial support to them and in sustaining livelihood of the farmers, also increase the yield of crops grown.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will help in reducing the burden of premiums on farmers who take loans for their farm cultivation from bank.
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will provide concession on premium rate for principal sum insured by farmer.
- This scheme will help the farmers from getting their crops damaged in natural calamities.
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana will give financial support to farmer.
- The premium rates will be discounted from the existing rates for all types of crop like Kharif crops, Rabi crops, horticulture crops and commercial crops.
- According to Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna 2 % premium will be to the sum insured for Kharif season crops and 1.5 % for Rabi season crops and 5 % premium rates of insurance sum assured for commercial crops like cotton and other horticultural crops.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
As per the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana all farmers whether he has taken a loan or not, is eligible for the new crop insurance scheme.
Document required for registration
Information about documents will be available short as soon as government release.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can contact to nearly nationalized bank e.g. SBI
- Beneficiary can contact on toll free no – 1800 180 1551
For more information visit here