The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Scheme is launched by central government (Department of Pharmaceuticals) this scheme will give benefits in two ways in which the customers as well as pharmacist would both be benefited. The main objective of this scheme is to provide good quality medicine in affordable price the drugs covered in this scheme will be generic drugs that will be available at lesser prices than the market price and this way people can get expensive drugs at discounted price.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojna
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Scheme gives benefits in two way for customers and pharmacist
- Benefits for pharmacist – if any pharmacist wish to open store and he/she satisfies eligibility conditions then beneficiary will get financial help upto Rs- 200000(2 lakh) and Rs – 50,000 for purchasing computer hardware and other infrastructure support.
- Pharmacist beneficiary will get regular incentive of 16 percent discount on the MRP of the generic medicines and the government would also provide a maximum and minimum incentive to all store owners based on their overall sales per year.
- Benefits for customer – beneficiary customers will get good quality medicine in affordable price.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojna
Eligibility for pharmacist to open store
- Individual pharmacist can apply for store but he/she or beneficiary pharmacist should not be employed at any other place.
- Beneficiary pharmacist should have financially capable for store establishment.
- Beneficiary should have enough available space for store setup; minimum required space is 120 sq. ft.
- The beneficiary should have active TIN no and active sales license issued by competent authority, i.e. Retail Drug License.
- Beneficiary should be employ a certified pharmacist, whose registration number along with State Council should be provided in the application.
- The beneficiaries account should be in the form of audited account.
Eligibility for customers for getting drugs
- There is no eligibility of customer generic drugs are available to all people across India
Document required for registration
Documents required for pharmacist to open a store
- Beneficiary should have Retail Drug License.
- Beneficiary should have Active TIN number.
- Bank account, residence proof, identity proof.
- Documents of property where beneficiary will open store, etc.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary can visit this link for more details- http://janaushadhi.gov.in
- Beneficiary can contact on toll free no -1800 180 8080
- Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of Indian (BPPI)
- Beneficiary customer need to visit only Jan Aushadhi Store.
For more information visit here