The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is the scheme launched by central government (Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas) the main objective of this Scheme is to Providing Free LPG connections to Women from BPL Households. Under the scheme, Rs 8000 crore has been sanctioned for providing five crore LPG connections to BPL households. The Scheme provides a financial support of Rs 1600 for each LPG connection to the BPL households. This scheme will provide relief form smokes. This Scheme will be implemented over three years, namely, the 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The scheme will provide free gas connection to poor household women who belong to BPL (below poverty line) and rural areas.
- It will provide employment for rural youth in the supply chain of cooking gas.
- Providing LPG connections to BPL households will ensure universal coverage of cooking gas in the country. This measure will empower women and protect their health.
- The scheme will give financial help of Rs 1600 for buying LPG connection to woman household.
- Indoor is also responsible for significant number of acute respiratory diseases in young children, so this will be reduced.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- This scheme is epically introduced for woman so she must be from rural area.
- She must belong to BPL (below poverty line) means yellow ration card.
Document required for applying free gas connection
- Yellow ration card (BPL).
- Identity poof e.g. Aadhar card.
- Residence proof.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary women need to contact near Gas Connection Agency Visit HP GAS, BHARAT GAS, and INDANE GAS websites to know if any online application is started.
- Beneficiary women can take help form Grampanchyat office.
References & details
- HP GAS, BHARAT GAS, and INDANE GAS official websites can give more information.
Scheme related video please visit here