The Pre-Matric-Scholarship scheme is introduce by central government (ministry of minority affairs) to encourage parents from minority communities to send their children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The main objective of this scheme is Empowerment through education and upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities. The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes.
Benefits of Pre-Matric-Scholarship
- Financial assistance will be provided to minority students.
- 30% scholarship is reserve for girls of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT.
- course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance will be given in terms of scholarship
- Admission and tuition fee for classes (VI and X)- 500/- per annum for both hosteller and day scholar
- Tuition fee from class (VI to X) – Rs. 350/- per annum for both hosteller and day scholar.
- Maintenance allowance will be payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.
- classes (I and V)- Rs. 100/- per month for day scholar and hosteller- Nil
- classes (VI and X)- Rs. 600/- per month for hosteller and Rs. 100/- per month for day scholar
Eligibility for getting benefits of Pre-Matric-Scholarship
- Pre-Matric scholarship is will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Beneficiaries family income should not more than one lakh(Rs 100000)
- Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis) are able to get scholarship.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the annual examination.
Document required for registration
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of income or Income certificate of father less than 1 lakh from tahashildar or tax inspector
- Bank account of beneficiary and bank details e.g. IFSC code, MICR code, Branch name.
- School documents e.g. Marksheet.
- Address proof e.g. Aadhar card
- Identity proof e.g. School identity card.
- Self-attested passport size photograph with signature.
- Receipt in acknowledgment of scholarship in the previous year duly countersigned by the Head of the school/institute.
- Minority community declaration – affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper by the student that he/she belongs to any one of the minority communities notified by Central Government
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Beneficiary’s school or beneficiary can apply online on given below link.
- Toll free no- 1800112001
- Address- Ministry of Minority Affairs, 11th Floor Paryawaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003.
Online registration form is available here
For more information visit here