Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) is the scheme by Central Government which is made by merging two different schemes i.e. Prime Minister Rojgar Yojna (PMRY) and Rural Employment Generation Programme (REGP). Under the scheme generation of employment is the top priority by establishing micro enterprises in rural areas as well as in urban area. The Scheme will be implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), a statutory organization under the administrative control of the Ministry of MSME as the single nodal agency at the National level. At the State level, the Scheme will be implemented through State KVIC Directorates, State Khadi and Village Industries Boards (KVIBs) and District Industries Centres (DICs) and banks
Benefits of Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme:
- Employment opportunities: The scheme targets at various sector and brings various employment opportunities in rural and urban areas.
- Opportunity at your door: Since it targets many skilled dispersed artisans and unemployed crowd, PMEGP provides employment at your door.
- Value to artisans: Due to this scheme artisans got their value
- Increase in the growth rate: With this constant influx of unemployed getting employment rapidly there will be increment in growth rate of rural and urban progress.
Eligibility for Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme:
- Any individual, above 18 years of age
- There will be no income ceiling for assistance for setting up projects under PMEGP.
- For setting up of project costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business /service sector, the beneficiaries should possess at least VIII standard pass educational qualification.
- Assistance under the Scheme is available only for new projects sanctioned specifically under the PMEGP.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme) are also eligible for assistance under PMEGP.
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860;
- Production Co-operative Societies, and
- Charitable Trusts.
- Existing Units (under PMRY, REGP or any other scheme of Government of India or State Government) and the units that have already availed Government Subsidy 3 under any other scheme of Government of India or State Government are not eligible.
Documents required for the scheme:
- Caste Certificate
- Educational marksheets and degree
- Birth Certificate
- Organization, NGOs, Charitable trust, Society registration numbers and documents
- Ration Card
- Bank passbook
Since the programme is implemented at ground level after complete survey by KVIC and other organizations, application form are also available with these bodies
Whom to contact where to contact for more information about the scheme:
- Nationalize banks
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Khadi and Village Industries Boards
- District Industries Centers
- Gram Panchayat
- Nagar Palikas
- Charitable trust active in your area
References and Details:
Complete detail: http://msme.gov.in/guidelines_pmegp_24092008.pdf