The Birth Certificate is one of the most important and useful identity of date of birth. A Birth Certificate is useful for various purposes like to get the admission in school, colleges, or any university and birth certificate is even necessary for the government service. If you are going to apply for a passport or any other such procedure, birth certificate is needed for it. A Birth Certificate is a legal document as a proof of your name.. Normally, the procedure is that one should apply for the birth certificate will get certificate within 21 days from the day of birth. This article will guide you to get the information about the procedure of birth certificate in Maharashtra
Eligibility for applying Birth Certificate in Maharashtra:
- Applicant must be the resident of Maharashtra state
Documents required for Birth Certificate in Maharashtra:
- Address Proof: Ration Card / Voter ID /Electricity bill/ Phone bill
- Photos: 2 passport size photos of applicant
- Photo ID: Voter ID card, collage or school ID
- Parent’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s identity proofs for verification (Aadhar Card / Election Card)
- Residential address at the time of birth
- Name of Hospital and Address
- All documents should have attested
Offline Procedure to apply for a Birth Certificate in Maharashtra:
- The applicant goes to the portal of India e-governance and download the application form http://www.indg.in/egovernance/forms/maharashtra/birth_certificate.pdf
- Take application form and fill all important details very carefully like as the name of the applicant, complete address of applicant, contact information of the applicant and the information if any other member is having birth certificate etc.
- Go to the office of the Municipal Corporation /council of state.
- Submit application form along with necessary documents to the office of municipal corporation or tehsil
Online Procedure to apply for a Birth Certificate:
- The applicant must visit to the official website of Maharashtra government i.e. mahaonline.gov.in
- The applicant applies for birth certificates must use the option of “Citizen Login”.
- Create a new account and go to the inside of your profile and get the application form of the Maharashtra government
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form like user name, email, date of birth etc.
- After filling online application form, click on Submit button and get a confirmation message on your phone
Where to contact for Birth certificate:
- Contact with municipal corporation
- Applicant can visit to the area’s concerned department or in tehsil
- You can contact to following address
Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai,
Mumbai C.S.T. 400001
Reference and Details:
- To know more information related about the birth certificate visit: http://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Maharashtra_-_Obtain_a_Birth_certifcate