Today in 21st century the tourism industry has seen rapid growth in its market. And people now are changing their point of view for travelling. Earlier it was like keep earning for half of your life and then in mid-50’s people used to plan their world tour or so. But now, time has changed. People are freer going, today’s youth is more towards travelling, adventure lovers and want to get paid for travelling i.e. travel nomad is top choice. There are many locations which are best destinations in world for tourist, and many countries are also into the race of representing their country as top tourist attraction like Belgium, Spain, Cuba, Greece, UAE, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia but still USA is all time hot destination and a land of attraction for rest of the world. But before that land of dreams lies a grueling visa procedure. The USA grants B-2 Visa to tourist, below article talks about all essential things to be known prior to applying for a visa.
Procedure to follow for B-2 Visa:
- First of all make sure which visa type do you want, since the article talks about tourist visa we consider it as B-2 Visa.
- Please check there is a Visa Waiver Program for some countries (India is not eligible for that program) countries eligible for that program need not any visa to enter USA and can stay in USA for 90 days. (link to check Visa Waiver Program eligibility http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visawaiverinfo.asp)
- Next step is to apply for Non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) form (Link for online form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/)
- Once done with DS-160 form proceed for a visa fee payment.
- After paying the fees candidate can proceed with scheduling an appointment for visa interview at the following https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=India
- After successful booking an interview slot you have to visit the consulate on the day of interview with all required documents for an interview.
Documents required for B-2 Visa application:
- DS-160 form fee receipt
- Visa fee receipt $160
- A printed copy of your appointment letter
- Your DS-160 confirmation page
- Your current and all old passports
- Financial proofs
- Passport size photographs
Whom to approach for booking a B-2 Visa interview date
Procedure for applying a Visa is almost online. To book an appointment candidate needs to visit US embassy official website and complete all procedures online and schedule an appointment. Interview takes place at US consulates.
USA consulates in India:
- The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi:
Shanti Path, Chanakya Puri 110021
- The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai (Bombay)
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400051
- The U.S. Consulate General in Chennai (Madras)
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle, 600006
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kolkata (Culcutta)
5/1 Ho Chi Minh Sarani, 700071
- The U.S. Consulate General in Hyderabad
Paigah Palace, 1-8-323, Chiran Fort Lane, Begumpet, Secunderabad 500003
Online registration links