Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna is the scheme introduce central government (ministry of health and family welfare) it is the National Health Insurance Programme to provide free health insurance for Indian poor. The main aim of this scheme is to provides cashless insurance for hospitalization in public as well as selected private hospitals to those who belong to very poor class means BPL (below poverty line) yellow ration card. It provides insurance up to 30,000 per annum and the health insurance scheme aims to facilitate launching of health insurance projects in all the districts of the States in a phased manner for BPL workers. It also covers maternity benefits.
Benefits of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna
The beneficiary will be eligible for such in-patient health care insurance benefits as would be designed by the respective State Governments based on the requirement of the people/ geographical area. However, the State Governments are advised to incorporate at least the following minimum benefits in the package / scheme:
- The unorganized sector worker and his family (unit of five) will be covered. Total sum insured would be Rs. 30,000/- per family per annum on a family floater basis.
- Hospitalization expenses, taking care of most common illnesses with as little exclusion as possible
- All pre- existing diseases to be covered.
- Transportation costs (actual with maximum limit of Rs. 100 per visit) within an overall limit of Rs.1000.
- Only Rupees 30/- will be charged as a Registration Fees.
- All the Hospitalization and Medicine Expenses will be covered, weather it is of Pre Existing Illness or Pro Existing Illness.
- There will be no cash utilization in all the health services provided to the BPL families. It will be totally a Cashless Coverage
Eligibility for getting benefits of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna
- Unorganized sector workers belonging to BPL category and their family members (a family unit of five) will be the beneficiaries under the scheme. Or beneficiary must have yellow color ration card.
- No Age Bar for registering Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna.
- The beneficiary needs to get smart card of ICC (Integrated circuit card) which has many important documents embedded into integrated circuits. It has Candidates Name, Age, Gender and Photograph.
- Building and other construction workers registered with the Welfare Boards Licensed ,Railway Porter, Street Vendors, MNREGA workers who have worked for more than 15 days during the preceding financial year Beedi Workers, Domestic Workers ,Sanitation Workers Mine Workers,Rickshaw pullers Rag pickers, Auto/Taxi Driver
Document required for registration
- BPL Card or Ration Card.
- Address proof.
- Identity proof.
- Passport size photograph.
Whom to contact and where to contact
- Toll free customer care no- 18002201
- Enrollment implemented by the various agencies in public school or other and beneficiary will be inform about it.
For more information