For the encouragement of girl child birth and reducing death rate of girls and mother in the state, and just to make sure that there is no discrimination with the gender of the child this scheme has been started. The Rajasthan government launched the scheme for the girl child. The Shubha Laxmi Yojana is started by the government of Rajasthan (Ministry of Health and family Welfare) for the welfare of girls of Rajasthan and this scheme was launched on 1st April 2013. The main aim of this scheme is to reduce female feticide and increase the sex ratio of girl in the state and bring a positive attitude among people and help to prevent the minor girl. The motive of the scheme is to empower women and promote the initiative to save the girl child. The primary objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the mother of the girl child. Under the scheme, the government will provide Rs. 2100 to the mother of girl child after the birth of girl child.
Benefits of Shubh Laxmi Yojana:
- The government will provide the benefits of Rs. 2100 to the mother after the birth of baby girl
- After all vaccinations were done and completing the 1 year of baby girl then the government will also provide Rs. 2100 on the birthday of baby
- In the 3rd installment, Rs 3100 funds will be given after the 5 year of the baby born, and she has taken admission in the school. This fund will be given to the mother of the baby.
- With this scheme, there is the growth in the rate of girl child taking birth, which will improve the sex ratio in the state
- The government will provide total financial assistance of Rs. 7300 to the mother of girl child
Eligibility for Shubh Laxmi Yojana:
- Must be resident of Rajasthan
- The newborn child must be a girl child
- Money will be applied only to that girl if the girl baby was born in the government hospital in the state.
Documents required for applying Shubh Laxmi Yojana:
- Residential proof (Electricity bill, Gas connection bill, Water bill)
- Permanent residence in Rajasthan
- Income certificate of parents
- Identity proof (Election card, Adhar card)
- Bank details of mother (MICR No, IFSC code, Account No, Branch Name)
- Birth certificate
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting the benefits of this scheme:
- You can contact with the government hospital in the state
- You can contact with PHC for getting the benefits of this scheme
References & details:
- For more information regarding scheme and further more information go to website of Department of Medical, Health and Family welfare of Rajasthan government
- You can also contact to the website of Women and Child Development of Rajasthan government