Jammu and Kashmir is one of the most important State of India. During the summer 2010 massive anti India agitation, an expert group was constituted on the directions of the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh. This expert group was constituted to look into enhancing the employment opportunities in Jammu & Kashmir. In addition to it this group was asked to formulate job plans by involving public and private sector. The Expert Group headed by C Rangaranjan, the former Governor of Reserve Bank of India, suggested providing 5000 educational scholarships to the students of Jammu & Kashmir each for a minimum period of five years which would enable the students from J&K to undertake career based education outside the state after passing class XII exam. So, Government of India through its Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) provides tuition fees, boarding and lodging fees (hostel) to the students who enrol themselves in various professional and technical colleges across India which are recognized by the Government of India. In addition to this books are also provided to the students at the cost of Government.
Benefits of Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir Students:
- The scholarship covers the entire fee for the student selected for the scholarship.
- Total 5000 Scholarships are being offered under this scheme
- Tuition Fees: Up to Rs.30,000/- per annum for general degree courses
- Tuition fees: Up to Rs. 1.25 lakhs per annum for engineering courses.
- Tuition fees: Up to Rs.3.00 lakhs per annum for medical studies, including Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Course Fees and Hostel Fees: up to 1 Lakh per annum
- The charges in rented accommodation will be given as per certificate issued by the Head of the college/institute, regarding reasonableness of rates
Required eligibility and conditions for applying Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir Students:
- Students having domicile of Jammu & Kashmir and who are of academic year 2015-16 /2016- 17, from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K.
- Student pursuing general degree courses, engineering and medical studies in govt. colleges/ institutes/other non-govt. institutes recognized by AlCTE or UGC, or institutes created through an Act of the State Govt., located outside the State of Jammu & Kashmir, would be eligible for scholarship under this scheme
- Students pursing ‘Integrated Courses’ in such colleges/institutes where the scheme is applicable, would be eligible for scholarship for the duration of the course.
- Having family income of less than Rs. 6 lac per annum
Document required for applying Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir Students:
- Certificate of domicile of the State of Jammu & Kashmir
- Certificate of income.
- Requisite Certificate, if claiming scholarship under any reservation quota [SC/ST/OBC/PH etc.]
- Certificate of class 12th and 10th examination
- Certificate of Fees from head of the institution
- Book receipts in the name of students detailing names of books purchased for the Academic Year for which the scholarship is being claimed and duly attested by the Authorized signatory of the Institute.
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Copy of first two page of Bank Pass Book
Application Procedure for applying Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir Students:
- Students who are from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated schools located in J&K can only submit their application on AICTE Portal for Registration.
- The candidates are advised to fill exact information at the time of registration for class 12th exam
- The students whose information do not match with the particulars available in the AICTE-portal will not be able to register online
- On successful registration the eligible students will be issued username and password to fill online form on AICTE Portal.
- The students would be required to upload the Domicile certificate, Income certificate, Class 10 mark sheet and Category certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the State Government.
- Student is required to give preference of the course which he/she intends to pursue i.e. general or engineering or Medical stream.
- Student is required to give preference to state whether he/she wants to take admission on his/her own or through counselling.
- Candidate can contact to institute where he/she pursuing education
- Contact Help line Number – 011-23724673 (from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm)
- E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & details:
- For more information regarding documents and other help visit official website http://www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in/