The Swachh Bharat Mission is the campaign launched by central government under the leadership of Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi The campaign was officially launched on 2 October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself cleaned the road. It was performed in remembrance of Mahatma Gandhi‘s words. The government is aiming to achieve an Open-Defecation Free (ODF) India by 2 October 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, by constructing 12 crore toilets in rural India
Objectives of Swachh Bharat Mission:
- Elimination of open defecation by construction of toilets.
- Modern and Scientific Municipal Solid Waste Management, all waste which comes will be decompose.
- Generate awareness about sanitation and its linkage with public health.
- To change ideology towards getting importance of sanitation.
- Eradication of Manual Scavenging.
- To insist private sector to contribute into environment protection.
Benefits of Swachh Bharat Mission:
- Household toilets, including conversion of insanitary latrines into pour-flush latrines construction.
- Community toilets, Public toilets, Solid waste management.
- Environment and health protection through Eradication of Manual Scavenging and Elimination of open defecation, Solid waste management.
- Construction of toilet into general public places such as markets, train stations, tourist places, near office complexes, or other public areas where there are considerable number of people passing by.
- Central government financial assistance for the construction of household toilets will be Rs. 4,000 per household toilet for each identified beneficiary household.
Eligibility for Swachh Bharat Mission:
- The eligibility for village or urban city decided by government agency for implementation of mission
- The eligibility for construction of toilet at household is, there should no existence toilet at house and here also priority come like pregnant woman ,poor household etc
Document required for registration:
- Documents required for rural people for construction of toilet- Application form which is available at Grampanchyat office
- Documents required for urban people for construction of toilet- Application form which is available at Municipal corporation office
- Residence proof e.g. electricity proof
- Identity proof e.g. driving license
Whom to contact and where to contact:
- Under Swachh Bharat Mission for construction of toilet at house/home rural people can contact to Grampanchyat office, and urban people can contact to Municipal Corporation
Online registration is available here for participation into mission:
References & details: