The Working Women Hostel Scheme is the scheme is started by central government (Ministry of Women and Child Development) to provide to provide safe and affordable accommodation to working women. More and more women are leaving their homes in search of employment in big cities as well as urban and rural industrial clusters. One of the main difficulties faced by such women is lack of safe and conveniently located accommodation. The main objective of the scheme is to promote availability of safe and conveniently located accommodation for working women, with day care facility for their children, wherever possible, in urban, semi urban, or even rural areas where employment opportunity for women exist.
Benefits of Working Women Hostel Scheme:
- Hostel will be made available to all working women without any distinction with respect to caste, religion, marital status etc.
- Working women hostel scheme provides two way benefits, for working women and agencies/ organizations who wish to setup hostel because agencies/ organizations would get financial assistance for construction of building.
- Women under training for job may also be accommodated.
- Children of working women, up to the age of 18 years for girls and up to the age of 5 years for boys may be accommodated in such hostel with their mothers.
- Agencies/ organizations can apply assistance 75% of the cost of construction of the building of working women hostel will be provided.
Eligibility for Working Women Hostel Scheme:
- The eligibility for working women is age should be more than 18 year
- Working women, who may be single, widowed, divorced, separated, married but whose husband or immediate family does not reside in the same city/area. Particular preference may be given to women from disadvantaged sections of the society. There is also provision for reservation of seats for physically challenged beneficiaries
- Women who are under training for job provided the total training period does not exceed one year
- Working women will be entitled to hostel facilities provided their gross income does not exceed Rs. 50,000/- consolidated (gross) per month in metropolitan cities, or Rs 35,000/- consolidated (gross) per month
- No working woman will be allowed to stay in hostel more than three years
Documents required for admission procedure and application form:
- It changes because all across country hostels are available, so for some state procedures and application please visit this link- http://www.wcd.nic.in/sites/default/files/wwhrulesdtd12082011.pdf
Whom to contact and where to contact:
Mr. D.V.K. Rao
Under Secretary (WWH)
References & details: