Gujarat government is about to launch a new scheme Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) for students coming from other states to Gujarat. Under the scheme such students will be able to get rental homes at lower rent rates. It will help the students to save money and get their own rental space to live in. This scheme will also boost the real estate sector in Gujarat.
|Scheme name:||Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||Gujarat Government|
|Major Objective:||To enable students to get rental homes at cheaper rates causing no financial burden|
|Beneficiaries:||Students coming to Gujarat from other states|
|Benefit:||Housing spaces with lower rental rates|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to help the students coming from other states to Gujarat
- It will enable the students to get houses at cheaper rents
- This scheme will solve the higher rent and where to stay issue ahead of the students
- It will boost the real estate sector in Gujarat
- It will help increase the industrial and educational areas in Gujarat.
- Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHC) scheme is going to be launched in a week or two in Gujarat
- It mainly covers the students coming from other states thereby providing housing facility at cheaper rent
- Under this scheme, government will be tying up with various private entities (public-private partnership) and utilise vacant houses in Gujarat Housing Board and other schemes
- The developer or property management firm will be given the vacant houses on a fixed rental model and thereby it will be rented out to the beneficiaries
- The developers will also be given an opportunity to come up with their own construction and dwelling projects wherein the developer will be getting 50% more Floor Space Index (FSI) free which will reduce the cost of construction.
- The developers will have to get the rental rates approved by the government so as to ensure lesser rents as compared to current market rates.
- Lochan Sehra, Secretary of Urban Development and Urban Housing, said that ARHC scheme was initially announced by the Central government and now Gujarat government will be replicating the same for students
- The major benefit will be seen in the Industrial areas like Sanand, Kalol and Santej; and educational areas like Knowledge corridor in Gandhinagar, etc.