The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has extended Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme for postgraduate courses. The tuition fees waiver will be applicable only for the meritorious students from the economically weaker sections. Additional 5% supernumerary seats will be created in each courses for students getting admission under the TFW.
The AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scholarships was earlier applicable only to the graduation courses only i.e. bachelors and diploma programmes. Now on the scheme will be applicable also to the MBA, MCA, PGDM, PGDCA, courses. The primary objective of the scheme is to entourage higher education and to financially support students from poor families to go for post graduation.
Benefits of the TFW scheme:
- Full tuition waiver for post graduate courses under AICTE
- 5% supernumerary seats for students under the TFW quota
AICTE Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) scheme for postgraduate courses eligibility:
- Applicable to the postgraduate courses under AICTE
- Applicable to the students from poor families (weaker sections of the society)
- Family income of the applicant must not be more than Rs. 6 lakh per year
- Applicable only to the AICTE affiliated colleges which don`t offer any other scholarships
- The beneficiary students cannot change their branch or course later
How to apply for tuition fee waiver (TFW) for postgraduate courses?
- 5% more seats will be created in addition to the existing seats to accommodate TFW students
- The admission procedure will begin each year based on the notification by AICTE
- The notification will be issued only if more than 30% seats are filled for each of the courses
- Applicants needs to provide family income certificate in order to take the tuition fees waiver
- Application forms, list of required documents and how to apply for tuition fee waiver will be published by the AICTE each year