The Government of Tamil Nadu announced an important scheme for pregnant women in the state, Amma Maternity Nutrition Kit (AMNK / அம்மா மகப்பேறு ஊட்டச்சத்து கிட்). The objective of the scheme is to provide nutritional supplements to the pregnant women in the state. The government will also provide cash assistance under the scheme. The scheme was announced by the Deputy Chief Minister O Panneerselvam while presenting Tamil Nadu budget for FY 2018-19. The nutrition kit will be provided under Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme.
What is Amma Maternity Nutrition Kit Scheme? A scheme for pregnant women in the TN under which a financial assistance of Rs. 14,000 and a nutrition kit will be provided to the pregnant women in the state.
Amma Maternity Nutrition Kit Scheme Benefits:
- Financial assistance of ₹14,000 for pregnant women in TN
- A nutrition kit containing iron tonic and nutrition supplements will be provided
Amma Maternity Nutrition Kit Scheme: How it works?
- The scheme is announced by the Deputy CM O Panneerselvam
- Budget of ₹1,001.33 crore is alloted for the scheme
- The kits will be given in two parts, once at 12 weeks and the second time between 16 and 20 weeks of pregnancy
- The iron supplements and nutrition kit will reduce anaemia among pregnant women and to improve the birth weights of infants
- The TN government also provides baby kit under Amma Baby Care Kit
- The government has also alloted a budget of Rs. 60.58 crore for implementation of sanitary napkin distribution scheme under the Menstrual Hygiene Programme
Related Schemes & Subsidies: