Andhra Pradesh government has declared a new scheme ”Amma Vodi”. Under the scheme, the AP government gives Rs.15,000 annually to poor mothers to send their kids to school. The objective of the scheme is to make sure kids from poor families go to school. This scheme only for school education (up till class 12th). The financial assistance is directly deposited into the beneficiaries’ bank accounts
|Benefits:||Free school education|
|Beneficiaries:||Mothers, guardians, and children from poor families|
|Launched By:||Andhra Pradesh government|
|Launched By:||AP CM YSR Jagmohan Reddy|
Free school education: Financial assist of Rs.15,000 yearly to extremely poor kids
- Beneficiaries should be below the poverty line
- The scheme is applicable only to the children studying in government, aided, private unaided schools & junior colleges
- Beneficiaries should be the residence of AP state
- The scheme is applicable only till 12th class
- The student must have 75% attendance in school
- The scheme is not applicable to dropout students
- The scheme is not applicable for government employees and income taxpayer`s children
- The stipend will be given irrespective of the number of children
- Apart from mothers, guardians are also applicable to the scheme.
The financial assistance will be deposited in January every year. District education/vocational education officers are given the responsibility for the distribution of funds. Amma Vodi scheme was the poll promise of the YSRCP party. The government aims to empower poor families with the scheme.