On the occasion of 75th Independence day, the Karnataka state government has come up with 11 different schemes for pacing up overall development in various sectors. Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai launched Amrith special schemes focusing on holistic development of the state. The schemes are for development in areas like housing sector, infrastructure sector, micro enterprises, health infrastructure, etc. Through these schemes the state government will now tend to focus on mega as well as mini projects. These schemes will be in line with the ongoing schemes and their implementation will start soon. Total estimated budget allocated for these schemes is up to Rs. 1000 crores.
|Schemes||Amrith Special Schemes|
|Schemes Under||Karnataka Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai|
|Launch Date||August 15, 2021|
|Benefits||Development of Gram Panchayats, Provision of infrastructure facilities to schools, Financial assistance to micro enterprises, etc.|
|Objective||To ensure holistic development in the state|
|Budget||Up to Rs. 1000 crores|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the schemes is to ensure holistic development in the state.
- It tends to ensure development in various sectors like gram panchayats, housing sector, micro enterprises, sports, health infrastructure, etc.
- The schemes will enable the children to pursue higher education.
- Under these schemes financial assistance will be provided as necessary to each target sector.
- Through these schemes the government tends to ensure that not only metro cities but each and every part of the state is provided with all the facilities thereby ensuring their development.
- These schemes will thus tend to ensure welfare of the residents.
- It will contribute in economic growth and development of the state.
Details of 11 Amrith Special Schemes launched:
- Amrith gram panchayats – Under this scheme, the state government will select 750 gram panchayats in the state for development thereby ensuring basic amenities, rights and benefits to the residents.
- Amrith nirmala nigama – The state government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 1 crore each to 75 urban local bodies for ensuring their beautification and upgradation.
- Amrith rural housing scheme – It tends to ensure provision of housing facility for every homeless person in 750 gram panchayats.
- Amrith FPOs – Financial assistance of Rs. 30 lakhs to each FPO for 3 years will be given under this scheme.
- Amrith school infrastructure programme – Through this scheme grant of Rs. 10 lakhs each will be provided to 750 schools in the state as identified along with infrastructure facilities.
- Amrith anganwadi centers – The state government will provide a total grant of Rs. 1 lakh each to 750 anganwadis in the state for their infrastructural development under this scheme.
- Amrith self-help micro enterprises – Financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh each to about 7500 self-help groups will be given under this scheme.
- Amrith community development programme – Under this scheme, the state government will identify about 750 schools and colleges for providing community services.
- Amrith health infrastructure upgradation programme – Through this scheme, the state government will provide about Rs. 20 lakh each to 750 primary health centers in the state.
- Amrith skill training programme – In the next two years the state government will spend about Rs. 112 crores for skill development training and programmes for 75,000 youngsters in the state belonging to reserved communities.
- Amrith sports adoption programme – The state government will provide training to 75 sportsmen in the state for qualifying and excelling in the next Olympics which will be held in Paris in the year 2024.