On September 7, 2020, CMO Haryana Mr. Manohar Lal Khattar launched a unique initiative ‘Apka Mitra’, a WhatsApp chatbot for students. This initiative is mainly to resolve the admission related queries of the students over WhatsApp. Currently, keeping in mind the safety of students in the pandemic situations, the admission process of the undergraduate students in all the government-aided and self-financed colleges for the academic year 2020-21 is to be conducted Online. To conduct the admission process smoothly, online portal and ‘Apka Mitra’ WhatsApp chatbot has been launched mainly.
|Initiative under:||Haryana Government|
|Category:||Educational WhatsApp Chatbot|
|Beneficiaries:||All the undergraduate students participating in the admission process|
|Benefit:||Assistance in the online admission queries over WhatsApp|
|Main Objective:||To provide assistance in the online admission process|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The launch of this unique educational WhatsApp chatbot will help the students to solve their admission related queries
- It will enable the students to get a faster response
- Students can reach out via the chatbot for real time solutions
- Apka Mitra, a WhatsApp chatbot aims to be highly accessible by majority students and is user friendly.
- Through this chatbot students can get information regarding admission process, scholarships etc.
- Apka Mitra, a WhatsApp chatbot is unique initiative by the Haryana government to ease the online admission process which is conducted keeping in the pandemic crisis all over.
- This chatbot will handle the queries of students in the online admission process
- The students can also get information through the chatbot
- Students are required to send a message on the WhatsApp chatbot no. – 7419444449
- Persons with Disabilities can give a missed call on the same number for information
- CMO Haryana launched this initiative virtually in the presence of Haryana Education minister Kanwar Pal and senior officers of Higher Education Department including Principal secretary Ankur Gupta and Director General, Higher education department Ajit Balaji Joshi.