What is Domicile Certificate?
A Domicile Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person is Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, also in the case of jobs where local residents are preferred. Maharashtra residents can apply online or offline to avail domicile certificate.
Who can apply for Domicile Certificate in Maharashtra?
- Permanent residence of Maharashtra can apply
- Women not originally belonging to a State, but married to men who are permanent residents of the State are eligible to apply for Domicile Certificate but Minimum years of state residence proof is required
Documents required applying for Domicile Certificate:
- Identity Proof: Aadhar card, Voter ID, Identity card etc.
- Residence Proof: Ration card, Driving license, Residence Certificate from Sarpanch etc.
- Ration card
- Water Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Residence Proof by Gram Sevak, Talathi
- In Case of Minor: SFC Certificate, Bonafide Certificate, School Leaving Certificate, Fathers Domicile Certificate, Extract from primary school entry
- Application should be submitted with 2 passport size photographs
- An affidavit in the prescribed form or Self-Declaration
- Note: In case relevant documents are not uploaded, the application will be subjected to cancellation
Offline application procedure for Domicile Certificate
- Applicant can visit Nearest Tahasil Office or Setu Kendra with documents mentioned above
- Collect application and self-declaration form, from the same office
- Fill application and self-declaration form carefully and submit case at same office
- Applicant can collect his/her domicile certificate after 10 to 15 days
Online application procedure for Domicile Certificate:
- Click Here to apply online for Domicile Certificate. Post visiting this link a window will appear which will look like image posted below
- Then fill username and password if already have account else create new user account. Once it is created, log in using username and password. a window will appear as the same image posted below
- Then search for Revenue Department and click on it. Next click on Domicile Certificate.
- It will ask to fill necessary information pleases fill it
- Post that please upload required documents and passport size photograph. Must be in JPEG format
- Post, click on Submit, the window will appear which will ask you for payment then select proper payment option on do it
- After 15 days, you can download soft copy of Domicile Certificate
Fee for the Domicile Certificate:
- The cost of issuing Domicile Certificate is not more than Rs. 50
- Applicant can contact to Nearest Tahasil Office or Tahsildar
- Applicant can contact to Nearest Setu Kendra
References & details:
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit official website
- Aaple Sarkar Maharashtra: https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in/en/Login/Login
Pages: 1 2