In Chhattisgarh, the residents can apply for ration card via offline mode. Ration card is an essential document for availing necessary basic food items like rice, wheat, sugar, kerosene, fertilizers, LPG, etc at lower prices. It is issued by the respective based on the income/economic status. It can be applied by any resident irrespective of caste. Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection is the concerned department for issuance of ration cards.
Need of Ration Card:
Ration Card is required as an identity proof, for getting necessary food items at lower prices, for availing reservation, as a proof while applying for Aadhaar Card, Domicile Certificate, etc.
Types of Ration Card:
- PHH ration card – It is issued to the families in rural areas
- APL ration card – It is issued to the families above poverty line with an annual income of more than Rs. 10,000/-
- AYY ration card – It is issued to the poorest persons and having no source of income.
- Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Chhattisgarh
Mode of Application:
- A period of 2-3 weeks is required for processing a Ration card in Chhattisgarh
Important documents required while applying for a Ration Card:
- Proof of Identity (PAN Card/ Election Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Identity Card/document issued by Govt. organisation
- Proof of Address (Election Card/ Aadhaar Card/ Electricity Bill/ Telephone bill)
- Passport sized photo
- Income proof
- Bank Passbook
The above-mentioned original documents are to be produced for verification and these are to be submitted in copies for further process.
- Applicant and his/her family members should be Citizens of India
- The applicant and his/her family should mandatory be a residents of Chhattisgarh state
- Applicant should not had applied for/ got issued a ration card before
How to Apply for Ration card:
- The applicant is required to visit the official portal @khadya.gc.nic.in
- Language settings can be adjusted as per preference
- Under the news and announcements section, download the application form available thereby and take a printout of the same
- Fill the application form with details like name, address, DOB, age, nationality, occupation, family details, income details, contact details, etc
- Visit the concerned Gram Panchayat/ Urban Local office
- On submitting the application form, applicant will get a receipt/ reference no. as acknowledgement from the office.
- After thorough verification of the form and documents submitted, the Ration card will be issued and sent to the registered address by post.
- Beneficiary list can also be checked on the official portal in the Public Participation section followed by Detailed ration card information beneficiaries’ option