The Finance Ministry of India has a good news for all those who are willing to join Atal Pension Yojana (APY). New enrollments for the Atal Pension Yojana can be done at the National Pension System Trust portal according to the tweet by the ministry. Citizens now dont need to go to any banks and fill in lengthy forms and even don’t need to submit any documents offline. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has developed portal for the same on the existing National Pension System (eNPS) platform. Citizens now can visit enps.nsdl.com for new registrations and fill in the online form and upload all the required documents.
What is Atal Pension Yojan?
Atal Pension Yojana is a scheme encouraging savings/pension. The scheme was launched by the Government of India in Budget 2015. Any Indian citizen can in the age group of 18-60 years can for the schemes.
Highlights of Atal Pension Yojana registrations at eNPS:
- Enrollments for Atal Pension Yojana can be done online at enps.nsdl.com
- Paperless registration
- 24×7 online registration and no need to visit banks
- Citizens of India and NRIs can open an Individual Pension Account under NPS at eNPS portal
- Users can also make initial and subsequent contributions using the eNPS portal
Procedure for opening a pension account under NPS online:
Step 1: Make sure that you have a Aadhar number, mobile number associated with the Aadhar number, email id and a bank savings account
Step 2: Go to https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/OnlineSubscriberRegistration.html?appType=main & click on the Registration button
Step 3: Specify your Aadhar number and you will receive OPT on your registered mobile number, specify OPT and then proceed
Step 4: All your details will be fetched from your Aadhar details, you just need to specify mandatory details, make sure that you fill in the complete from
Step 5: Make online payment (Rs. 500 Minimum)
Step 6: Print form, paste photograph, sign the form and post it to following address:
Central Record Keeping Agency (eNPS), NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills, Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
National Pension System Trust (eNPS) queries / grievance: 022 – 4090 4242
- Nation Pension System Trust Portal: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html
- NPST Registrations: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/OnlineSubscriberRegistration.html?appType=main
- NPST Contributions: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/InitialExistingUser.html
- NPST Tier 2 Activation: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/submitTier2Request.html
- NPST APY Registration: https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/ApySubRegistration.html
- NPST queries / grievance: https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/cgmsMenuOnloadForSub.do