The CM of Karnataka K. Siddaramaiah has announced a new health care and coverage scheme called Arogya Karnataka Yojane in the Karnataka budget 2018-19. The is said to be based on the PM`s AYUSHMAN BHARAT (ModiCare) announced by the center government in the union budget 2018-19.
What is Arogya Karnataka Yojane? A universal health coverage and health care scheme for all the people in Karnataka.
Arogya Karnataka Yojane Benefits:
- Health coverage for all in the Karnataka state
- 9000 health and wellness centers to be setup for every 5000 people in Karnataka in next 7 years
- Primary, secondary and tertiary treatment will be provided to all in the state
Arogya Karnataka Yojane Implementation:
- The implementation of the scheme to start by 2018
- Rs. 6,645 crores are alloted for health and family welfare in 2018-19 budget
- A new ward of 1,000 additional beds to be constructed in the Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute