The Himachal Pradesh Government has approved Atal Free Vardi Yojana, a free uniform scheme for school students in in the state. Free school uniforms will be provided to the students of class 1st to class 12th studying in government colleges. Two uniforms each will be provided. Class 3rd, 6th & 9th students will also be provided school bags along with the uniform.
The primary objective of the scheme is to make sure that the students from the poor families has school uniform. The scheme will also encourage students to go to schools.
Atal Free Vardi Yojana: A Himachal government scheme to distribute free school uniform along with the school bag to the students.
- To encourage school children to go to school
- To make sure that the students poor families has school uniform
- Free school uniform (for class 1st till class 12th students)
- Free school bag (for class 3rd, 6th & 9th students)
- Applicable residents of Himachal
- Applicable to students studying in government schools
- Applicable to all students of class 1st till class 12th
Atal Free Vardi Yojana / HP Free Uniform Scheme: Highlights & Implementation
- The free uniform will be distributed in the academic year 2018-19, 2019-20, 2020-21
- The state cabinet has approved a committee for the procurement of the uniforms
- The scheme is named after former Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpai
- All the state run school children to get benefits of the scheme
- The distribution of the uniform to happen with the help of Himachal Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation
- The scheme is approved by the HP cabinet chaired by the CM Jai Ram Thakur
- School uniforms brings uniformity in the classrooms