Atal pension yojna is the scheme started by central government for encouraging and enabling the poor working people to join National Pension Scheme (NPS) for old age income security. The scheme is specially introduce for the old age poor and those who are not able to earn enough amount of money. The atal pension yojna will provide fixed amount of pension, depending on contribution and its period. The main objective behind this scheme is that the Government of India is extremely concerned about the old age income security of the working poor so that they could get pension when they get older.
Benefits of Atal Pension Yojna
- Central Government guaranteed minimum pension amount : Each beneficiary under APY shall receive a Central Government guaranteed minimum pension of Rs. 1000 per month or Rs. 2000 per month or Rs. 3000 per month or Rs. 4000 per month or Rs. 5000 per month, after the age of 60 years until death.
- The age of stop contribution and start getting pension is 60 years.
- Return of the pension wealth to the nominee of the subscriber: After the demise of both the subscriber and the spouse, the nominee of the subscriber receive the pension wealth, as accumulated till age 60 of the subscriber.
- Central Government guaranteed minimum pension amount to the spouse. In case of beneficiaries accidental death his/her family would get pension.
Eligibility for getting benefits of Atal Pension Yojna
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is open to all bank account holders.
- The minimum age of joining APY is 18 years and maximum age is 40 years.
- Minimum period of contribution by the subscriber under APY should be 20 years or more.
- The beneficiary should not be the tax payer.
- The beneficiary should not covered under any required social security scheme.
Document required for registration
- Bank passbook.
- Aadhar card.
Whom to contact and where to contact for getting benefits of Atal Pension Yojna
- All citizens of India in the age group of 18-40 years can enroll themselves under APY by submitting the as required completed application form to any enrolment agency.
- All banks, including all nationalized banks, private banks, banking companies, regional rural banks, cooperative banks etc.
- Those Business Correspondents (BCs) / existing non-banking aggregators, Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) etc. who are appointed by banks.
- Other enrolment agencies that may be specified as such by PFRDA(Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority ) or the Central Government, such as, Department of Posts under CBS Platform
Online registration form is available here
For more information