On September 3, 2021 Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched AtmaNirbhar Krishi Yojna for benefitting the Individual farmers, Self Help Groups (SHGs) in the state. This scheme was earlier announced in the state budget 2021. This scheme will deal with double cropping, farm mechanization, scientific land terracing, tea and rubber cultivation, etc. It is based on front ended subsidies. The credit support under this scheme will be provided by the way of bank loans. Loans will be provided to the beneficiaries by SBI, Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank and Arunachal Pradesh Cooperative Apex bank. This scheme is mainly launched for the boosting the agricultural sector in the state. It aims at overall agricultural development in state. Total scheme budget allocated by the state government is Rs. 60 crores.
|Scheme||AtmaNirbhar Krishi Yojna|
|Scheme Under||Arunachal Pradesh Government|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Pema Khandu|
|Launch Date||September 3, 2021|
|Implementation By||Department of Agriculture|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers, self-help groups across the state|
|Objective||To boost the agricultural sector in the state thereby increasing the income of farmers and ensuring their welfare.|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is welfare of the farmers across the state.
- Under this scheme, the farmers will be provided assistance through credit support and subsidies.
- It aims at relieving them from the vicious debt circle of the money lenders.
- This scheme aims at ensuring agricultural development in the state.
- It tends to increase overall agricultural productivity thereby doubling the income of farmers.
- It aims at welfare and benefit of the farmers in the state.
- Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched AtmaNirbhar Krishi Yojna on September 3, 2021.
- This ambitious scheme is mainly launched to give a boost to the agricultural sector in the state.
- It is a combined version of Chief Minister’s Sashakt Kisan Yojna and Chief Minister’s Sumukh Yojna.
- Under this scheme the farmers will be provided required assistance in the form of credit support and subsidies.
- This scheme will deal with double cropping, farm mechanization, scientific land terracing, tea and rubber cultivation, etc.
- Components of the scheme will include 45% government subsidy, 45% bank loan and 10% farmer contribution.
- The credit support under this scheme will be provided by the way of bank loans.
- Loans will be provided to the beneficiaries by SBI, Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank and Arunachal Pradesh Cooperative Apex bank.
- To avail the benefit under the scheme the farmer or SHG will have to visit respective district administrations or offices and get the details
- No land document will be required to be produced by the SHGs rather certificate from EAC/ CO/ BDO will work.
- In case of individual farmers, no collateral security will be required for credit up to 1.6 lakhs and in case of SHGs no security will be required for credit up to 10 lakhs.
- This scheme will be implemented through state level committees headed by Chief Secretary and district level committees headed by district level committees.
- This scheme will thereby tend to provide financial assistance and credit to the farmers thus ensuring their benefit and welfare.