The Prime Minister of India Shree Narendra Modi announced India`s most ambitious scheme Ayushman Bharat Yojana / National Health Protection Mission / Rashtryi Swasth Bima Yojana (AB-NHPS) / Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) on Independance Day 15th August 2018. The scheme will be launched on 25th September 2018. The scheme will provide free health issuance of Rs. 5 lakh to 10 crore poor families in India. Patients from poor families now can get health care services in government and selected private hospitals. The scheme was originally announced by the Finance Minister of India Shree Arun Jaitely during the Union Budget 2018. The government of India has allocated budget of Rs. 1200 crore for the scheme and also has urged private sector companies to help via there CSR programs.
Ayushman Bharat is the biggest health care scheme in across the world and is also called as Modi Care / Mega Health Protection Scheme. The beneficiaries doesnt need to pay any insurance premium and the scheme will be completely free for all the eligible beneficiaries. The main objective of the scheme is to provide quality health and medical service free of cost. Apart from the health care the scheme will also provide employment to 10 lakh youth in next 5 years. Government will be opening 1.5 lakh Ayushman Kendra to help people with Ayushman Bharat Scheme and take benefits of the scheme.
What is Ayushman Bharat Yojana / National Health Protection Mission / Rashtryi Swasth Bima Yojana (AB-NHPS)? A scheme by the government of India to provide free health insurance of Rs. 5 lakh to all the poor families in India.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Benefits:
- Free health insurance coverage of Rs. 5 lakh per year
- 10 crore poor families across India will get benefits of the scheme
- 50 crore people across India will be eligible to get free health check up and treatment
- Free health care and medical facilities will be provided in government and selected private hospitals across India
- Patients will get free primary, secondary and tertiary treatment for various critical illnesses
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Eligibility:
- The scheme is applicable to Indian citizens only
- Only poor families falling under Below Poverty Lines (BPL) are eligible under the scheme (CLICK HERE to check your name in BPL list)
- All those whos name is in SECC 2011 census BPL list are eligible to get benefits of National Health Protection Mission
- All those living in 1 room raw houses or houses where there is no one in the age group of 16 to 59 years
- Poor families living in villages
- Families of landless labor, physically disabled/handicapped
- Families living on the streets and dont have houses
Ayushman Bharat Yojana (AB-NHPS) Website & Help-Line Toll-Free Number
mera.pmjay.gov.in & 14555
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Objectives & Implementation:
- To provide free quality health care to poor families in India.
- To make sure every one has access to primary, secondary and tertiary health and medical services.
- Ayushman Kendra / Health Wellness Centers: 1.5 lakh such centers will be opened to provide information on the scheme and help with the details. Health inspection and medicines also will be provided in these centers.
- Ayushman Mitra: Government to train and employ 10 lakh youth under the scheme and will setup help desk in various hospitals to help people on the ABY.
- 24 new government hospitals and medical collages will be opened to provide free treatment under the scheme.
- A budget of Rs. 1200 crore is allocated for the scheme
- Private companies are invited to fund the scheme under their CSR activities
Ayushman Bharat Yojana Application Form / Online Application / Registration & How to apply?
- There are NO application form and application procedure for the scheme.
- It is not required to apply or register of the scheme.
- The beneficiaries will be identified on the basis of SECC data
How to check your name in Ayushman Bharat Yojana? / National Health Protection Mission / Rashtryi Swasth Bima Yojana (AB-NHPS) list?
- CLICK HERE / go to Ayushman Bharat Yojana official portal abnhpm.gov.in
- CLICK HERE / click on Download Eligible Beneficiary List
- Now search and check your name in the list
NOTE: If your name is not found in the list and your are eligible then dont panic government is still preparing the list and soon you will see your name in the list. For those you dont have computer/smart phone and internet, please visit CSC to check your name in the list.
Other Details & References:
- mera.pmjay.gov.in & 14555: Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) official website & toll-free number helpline
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana official website: abnhpm.gov.in
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Beneficiary List: CLICK HERE to download eligible beneficiary list
- Ayushman Mitra Recruitment 2018: online application form
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana for hospitals: hospitals.abnhpm.gov.in
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana list of empanneled hospitals
- BPL List: how to check your name in BPL list? / download BPL list / SECC 2011 list download at secc.gov.in
- mera.pmjay.gov.in: Check your name in Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) beneficiaries list
- Ayushman Bharat Hospitals List: Check list of empaneled hospitals under Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) abnhpm.gov.in