Central Government has come up with ‘Ayushman Sahakar Scheme’ for improving health care in the villages of the country. Under this scheme a health care infrastructure will be improvised and developed by the cooperatives. This scheme will be implemented under National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC). This scheme is announced by Union Minister of State for Agriculture, Mr. Purushottam Rupala. Under this scheme loans will be provided by NCDC up to Rs. 10,000 crores in the coming years. Cooperative societies will be able to undertake development activities, renovation, etc with the assistance provided through NCDC. This scheme will thus create a noticeable effect and thereby revolutionize the heath care structure in the rural areas of the country.
|Scheme name:||Ayushman Sahakar Scheme|
|Scheme Under:||Central government|
|Launched By:||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare|
|Implementation By:||National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)|
|Objective:||To develop the health care structure in the rural area of the country through cooperative societies|
|Benefit:||Improved quality of health care services and facilities|
Scheme Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of this scheme is to better the health care conditions in the state
- Under this scheme loans will be advanced to the cooperative societies and thereby the societies will conduct development activities, renovation of hospitals, etc in the villages
- Farmer welfare activities will be conducted
- Hospitals, Medical colleges, institutions will be opened under the scheme. AYUSH education will also be provided thereby
- Repair and renovation work will be done in the health care infrastructure
- NCDC will advance loans and invest in the health care development
- Ayushman Sahakar Scheme is a scheme launched by the central government for developing the health care infrastructure in villages and rural areas of the country
- The development and welfare activities under the scheme will be conducted by the cooperative societies
- NCDC will provide loan assistance to the cooperative societies through loans
- With the help of such loans the cooperative societies will thereby conduct the activities of establishing, modernizing and development of the health care sector
- The societies will conduct repair, renovation, AYUSH education in the villages
- For getting the assistance under the scheme the cooperative society is required to be 3 years old.
- Union Minister of Sate for Agriculture, Purushottam Rupala announced the scheme details virtually at the time of launch
- He also said, this scheme is a step towards Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s commitment to provide better facilities to the farmers
- This scheme is in accordance with the National Health Mission thereby aiming at complete revolution and development in the health care structure in the rural areas.
- National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) plans at providing loans amounting to Rs. 10,000 crores to the cooperatives in the coming years.