Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath has launched “Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana (BSVY)” / बाल श्रमिक विद्या योजना . The scheme is for children of the labourers in UP state. As per the scheme government will provide financial assistant to children so that they can continue their study rather than working as child labourers. Beneficiaries will get support of Rs 1,000 to Rs 2,000 monthly basis from labour department. Scheme was lunched on the World Day Against Child Labour.
|Scheme:||Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana (BSVY)|
|Benefit:||Financial support of Rs.1,000 to Rs.2,000 monthly|
|Beneficiaries:||Children of labours (Girls and Boys)|
|Launched Date:||12 June 2020|
|Launched By:||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Child Labour Helpline:||0522-2245690-2234587|
- To provide financial support to labour families
- To create awareness about education in the state
- To stop children from working as labours
- To stop child exploitation
- To encourage student to go to school
- Scheme is applicable only for Uttar Pradesh state
- Scheme is available for the child labours only
State government wants to encourage to children for their education instead of employment as children labourers. Girls will get higher amount under the scheme. The state labour department will be implementing the scheme. Online application process will be made available for the scheme. Primarily labour department will identify the beneficiaries for the scheme. UP state has reported with higher number of children labourers.