The Delhi Power Distribution Company (DISCOM) BSES has announced a new scheme for the AC users in the Delhi region called BSES/DISCOM AC Replacement Scheme. The scheme will provide 47% discounts on the AC replacements with their old AC. The objective of the scheme is to promote use of energy efficient Air Conditioners. Under the scheme 5 star rated energy efficient ACs from the top brands will be given in replacement for the old AC which will help users save Rs. 7,500 annually depending on the brand.
As a socially responsible organisation, BSES discoms have been promoting energy conservation aggressively. Taking this commitment to the next level, they have launched limited period ‘AC Replacement Schemes’ in partnership with leading air conditioner manufacturers. pic.twitter.com/X1i8OebbZD
— BSES Delhi (@bsesdelhi) June 8, 2018
AC Replacement Scheme is launched by BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL) in partnership with leading AC manufacturers. The scheme will enable consumers from south Delhi and west Delhi to exchange their old ACs with the new energy efficient 5 star rated AC. Such air conditioners are provided at the substantial discount of 47%. The will be soon launched for east and central Delhi by BSES Yamuna Power Ltd (BYPL).
What is AC Replacement Scheme? A scheme to promote energy efficient ACs. Under the scheme a substantial discount of 47% is provided in exchange of an old ACs. 5 star rated ACs from the top brands (LG/Godrej/Voltas) are offered which helps consumers to save upto Rs. 7,500 annually.
AC Replacement Scheme Eligibility?
- The discount is applicable only on the AC replacements only
- The scheme is application to the BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd (BRPL) consumers only residing in south and west Delhi
- Consumers can buy maximum 3 ACs against a unique CA number
- The scheme is available only for the domestic consumers
AC Replacement Scheme: Required Documents
- Govt issued Proof of Address (POA) of registered consumer
- Govt issued Proof of Identity (POI) of registered consumer
- NOC from registered consumer in case tenant is opting for scheme
- Copy of latest BRPL bill with receipt confirming no overdue
- Consumer Application Form (Click to download)
- Acknowledgment Slip (Will be generated by BRPL)
- AC Installation Form (Click to download)
- Undertaking-cum-Indemnity Bond (Click to download)
AC Replacement Scheme: How to avail discounts / how to apply?
- Eligible consumers are required to call BRPL helpline numbers 19123/ 39999707 & register for the scheme
- Consumers can visit DISCOM divisional office and get their names and CA numbers registered
- Consumers then will be called by BRPL through certified vendors who will then help consumers further
AC Replacement Scheme Highlights:
- 10,000 window, split and both ACs are on offer from the leading brands such as LG/Godrej/Voltas
- Last date of application: They are available on first-cum-first-serve basis valid till 20 July 2018 or till stocks last
- The scheme provides discounts on the energy efficient ACs
- The ACs provide energy savings of upto Rs. 7,500 annually
- The ACs will recover their cost in 3 years
- Payment options: cash, credit-debit card, online and also EMI options are available
More Details & References:
- BSES official website
- BRPL AC Replacement Scheme
- AC Replacement Scheme: AC models & costs
- AC Replacement Scheme: Technical Specification