The Vice President of India Shree M. Venkaiah Naidu launched Cashless Scheme – Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA), a cashless healthcare scheme for all the citizens of Assam. The scheme will provide free medical care of upto Rs. 2 lakh to everyone from below poverty lines (BPL) and above poverty lines (APL) families in Assam. The goal of the scheme is to provide affordable medical health care and treatment to the citizen in the state so that their savings or some times they dont need to take loans for the treatment. 63 million Indians every year fall into below poverty lines due just because they have to spend all their savings on the medical expenses for the treatment on their family members. The Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme in Assam will benefit 92% people in Assam who’s yearly income is less than Rs. 5 lakh.
What is Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme Assam? A health care scheme by the Government of Assam to provide free and cashless medical treatment of upto Rs. 2 lakh every year to all from Below Poverty Lines (BPL) & Above Poverty Lines (APL) families.
Objective: Provide financial assistance to the people in the event of critical illness in the family.
Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme Benefits:
- Medical benefits under cashless mode
- Cashless medical health care & treatment
- Free medical care upto Rs. 2 lakh
- Covers six common and high cost treatment diseases
- Involves 438 procedures
- Cashless hospitalization: Under AAA the patient can be admitted to the hospital and treated without any payment
- The government will pay for the treatment
- Treatment is provided in packages which includes all expenses like consultations, medicine, diagnostics, food, and hospital charges etc
- Travel (Rs. 300 per visit per person), treatment, daily allowance (Rs. 1000 per day for max 10 days) is covered under the scheme
Atal Amrit Abhiyan: 24 x 7 Toll Free Helpline
1 800 102 7480 and 104
Diseases/Specialties covered under Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme?
- Kidney diseases
- Neurological conditions
- Neo-natal diseases
- Cardiovascular diseases
Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme Eligibility:
- Only for the Assam citizens
- Members of the Below Poverty Lines (BPL: annual income less than Rs. 1.2 lakh per year)
- Members of Above Poverty Lines (APL: annual income between Rs. 1.2 lakh – Rs. 5 lakh) can apply with nominal premium of Rs. 100 per year
- Everyone holding ration card issued by Government of Assam under the National Food Security Act are eligilble
- Government employees present and retired are not eligible under the scheme
- All those whos family income is less than Rs 5 lakh yearly are eligible to apply
Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme: Documents Required
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Income certificate
- Birth certificate for applicant`s less than 18 year of age
- National Food Security Act (NFSA) card (optional)
Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme Enrollment / How to apply? / Step by step application procedure:
STEP 1: Visit nearest Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) enrollment center with the list of documents mentioned above
STEP 2: All the members who want to enroll should be present at the center at the time of application
STEP 3: Verifying officer collects and verifies all the documents based on eligibility
STEP 4: APL family members receives challan of Rs. 100 which needs to be paid as yearly premium, deposit the money into the bank
STEP 5: After verification and payment in case of APL the officer then takes a photograph and fingerprints
STEP 6: Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) ID Card is then issued to each of the applicants
This completes the process for getting / applying for Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) ID Card in Assam.
Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application Form:
[pdf-embedder url=”https://govinfo.me/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Atal-Amrit-Abhiyan-Application-Form.pdf” title=”Atal Amrit Abhiyan Application Form”]
List of Hospitals where Cashless Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme is available:
There are 24 government and private hospitals in Assam where free and cashless treatment is available. Here is the list of empaneled hospitals in Assam: CLICK HERE The cashless & free treatment is available under the AAA scheme outside Assam as well in following cities:
- Mumbai (Only cancer treatment)
- Delhi (NCR region)
CLICK HERE for the list of empaneled hospitals outside Assam across India under Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme.
More details & references:
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) Health Insurance Scheme official website Assam: aaa-assam.in
- Atal Amrit Abhiyan (AAA) Authorized Agency: MDIndia Health Insurance TPA Private Ltd, Address: office No. : D3, 3rd Floor, B R Arcade, Opposite: Hotel Priya Palace, Jana Path Lane, G. S. Road, Ulubari, Guwahati – 781007
- How to avail cashless treatment under Atal Amrit Abhiyan Assam?