The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N. Chandrabhabu Naidu has announced Chandranna Pellikanuka Scheme for girls from backward classes. It is a marriage gift scheme under which girls from backward classes will be given Rs. 30,000 at the time of their marriage.
The scheme will be launched in February 2018 and 40,000 girls in the Andhra Pradesh will get benefited from the Chandranna Pellikanuka Scheme. Government is also planning to increase the amount by Rs. 5,000. The marriage gift scheme will help couples from backward classes post marriage. The scheme is specifically for girls from scheduled caste and scheduled tribes.
AP government has various marriage schemes for various social classes:
- Chandranna Bima Scheme: insurance scheme for unorganized social workers
- Chandranna Sankranthi Kanuka Scheme: marriage gift scheme for Hindu girls
- Chandranna Ramzan Tofa Scheme: marriage gift scheme for Muslim girls
- Chandranna Christmas gift Scheme: marriage gift scheme for Christian girls
Government is planning to extend the Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme to one lakh families in AP every year. Rs. 50 thousand will be given to Muslim girls under Dulhan scheme. Rs. 40 thousand to be given to scheduled tribes families under Giri Puthrika Kalyana Pathakam. 20 percent of the amount is given to family members of the girls before marriage and 80 percent is deposited to bank account of the bridge immediately after marriage.
Eligibility criteria for Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme:
- Only girls from scheduled caste, scheduled tribes and backward classes can apply for the scheme
- Only residents of the Andhra Pradesh can apply for the scheme
- Minimum age of the girl getting married should be minimum 18 years and boys should be minimum 21 years
Documents required for Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme:
- Birth certificate of bridge and groom
- Caste certificate for bridge and groom
- AADHAR card of bridge and groom
- Income certificate of both the families
- Copy of bank passbook
- Wedding card
- Ration card/BPL card
How to apply online for Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme: Applicant can apply online for Chandranna Pelli Kanuka Scheme at https://epass.apcfss.in/ or offline applications can be made at Mee Seva Centers. The applicant needs to register and provide all the required personal details of the couple and families. Upload or submit the documents.