Change makers in Education Fellowship (CMIE) is offered by the Department of Education, Delhi Government. With an aim to strengthen the education policies and train the people involved in the education sector, the Delhi government has decided to introduce a fellowship for young people willing to work in the sector. Under the fellowship program, 54 fellows would be selected under the age of 35 from the state. The program covers the eight streams, and each of the streams requires fellows to work with a different set of stakeholders and a unique set of challenges. Fellows will be required to enhance the efficiency of stakeholders, address challenges and find meaningful solutions that are considerate and sustainable.
Programs offered under the CMIE Fellowship:
- Principal Leadership Development Programme
- School Management Committee (SMC)
- Mentor Teacher Programme
- Online Platform for Teacher Training
- Counseling and Guidance
- Special Education
- Management Information Systems
- Learning Assessment
Why Should one become CMIE Fellow?
The efforts showed by the Delhi Government to provide quality education to every child in Delhi, and the passion for contributing to society is incredible. Fellows will work on projects that directly impact society in a positive way, through affordable and quality education. When one become the CMIE Fellow, the fellow will get the opportunity to work with the following:
- Manish Sisodia (Minister of Education, Delhi)
- SCERT, Department of Education
- NGO Partners
- Various other stakeholders
Benefits of the Change Makers in Education Fellowship:
- The 2016-17 batch will consist of 54 fellows. Additionally, some candidates may be waitlisted.
- The applicants who get selected for the Changemakers in Education Fellowship would undergo for full-time commitment for one year which can be extendable to two years.
- The selected fellows will get the payment of Rs 40,000 per month and the opportunity to work with the Department of Education.
Required Eligibility and Conditions for Change Makers in Education Fellowship:
- The applicant applying for this program should be the Indian citizen or persons with PIO/ OCI.
- The applicant with the Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of work experience in the social sector.
- Common Qualification for Principal Leadership Development Programme, Mentor Teacher Programme, SCERT on-line platform for Learning (Content Development), School Management Committee and Learning Assessment: Preference would be given to those who have experience in curriculum or content creation for schools.
- Qualification for Counselling and Guidance and Special Education: Degree/Diploma or experience of two years in the relevant field.
- Qualification for SCERT on-line platform for Learning (IT) and MIS:
- The applicants should be graduated in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- The applicants must have Logical understanding, Data interpretation skills, Critical reasoning and expertise in MS Excel/Google Spreadsheets.
- Work Experience That can give an Edge:
- MS SQL or MySQL or Postgres
- Coding experience with languages like Python, R
- 1-2 years of experience in some analytics based company.
- Experience with statistical modeling.
- People from Mathematics and Statistics background should be preferred.
- The application process for the Changemakers in Education Fellowship has been started and the candidates can now apply online. Click Here to apply for scholarship
- The candidates need to register themselves first on the official website by entering their email id. After entering the email id, the candidates will get the verification link on their email.
- After verifying the email, the candidates will receive the password via email. The candidates then need to login on the official website using the email id and the password.
- The candidates need to fill the details to complete the application form. The details filled by the candidates should be correct and accurate.
- After filling all the details correctly, the candidates should submit the application form. The candidates need to know that application should only be submitted once.
- The details of the filled in application form would not be changed after submission. Therefore, the candidates need to check the filled in details before the final submission.
- In case of any queries, Candidate can mail to following login ID
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
References & Details:
- For more information about Change Makers in Education Fellowship visit: http://changemakers.delhi.gov.in/