On October 4, 2021 Odisha government launched ‘Chhatra Protsahan Yojana’ for providing free coaching to the SC and ST category students in the state. Coaching under this scheme will be provided to the students for medical and engineering entrance examinations. Under this scheme, 7 centres of excellence will be started for coaching purpose. About 320 students every year will be provided with free coaching. It aims at encouraging students belonging to underprivileged sections of the society to take up higher studies. This intends to motivate the students to crack entrance exams and achieve new heights in future.
|Scheme||Chhatra Protsahan Yojana|
|Scheme Under||Odisha Government|
|Launch Date||October 4, 2021|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to SC/ ST categories in the state|
|Benefit||Free coaching for Medical and Engineering entrance examinations|
|Objective||To provide free coaching to the reserved categories students to help them prepare for entrance examinations and pursue higher studies|
Objectives and Benefits:
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide free coaching to the reserved category students in the state who are wishing to prepare for medical and engineering entrance exams.
- The scheme tends to cover the meritorious SC/ ST students in the state.
- It provides help to the students to study irrespective of financial constraints and difficulties.
- This initiative encourages the students to crack the examination and pursue higher studies.
- It helps many students across the state to get quality education through physical as well as virtual mode.
- Odisha government launched ‘Chhatra Protsahan Yojana’ for reserved categories students whereby free coaching will be provided to them aiming to help them crack the entrance examinations.
- This scheme is started for the students belonging to reserved categories like SC ad ST to help them get equal opportunities to study.
- It covers the meritorious students belonging to such categories who are willing to study and prepare for examinations examinations but can’t afford coaching in private institutions.
- Under this scheme, the state government will start 7 Centres for Excellence in about 62 schools in the state.
- These centres of excellence will be set up in SSD schools which will help to identify student potential.
- Based on their performance in HSC exam and selection test the concerned authorities will select the students for coaching.
- Students selected for training this year will be prepared for exams to be held in 2023.
- About 320 students every year will be provided with free coaching.
- During the launch, MoUs are signed with coaching institutions selected under this scheme.
- Member of Parliament Dr. Amit Patnaik also handed over 200 tablets for the students under this scheme.
- These tablets will ensure quicker access to digital learning material.
- This scheme intends to encourage the reserved categories students to crack examinations study for higher education irrespective of financial difficulties.