Maharashtra Government has launched the Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP). The primary objective of the scheme is to develop develop small business and create jobs in the state. Maharashtra Chief Minister Shri Devendra Fadanvis announced the scheme. The government aims to develop 1 lakh small & micro businesses & create 10 lakh jobs in next five years.
|Scheme:||Chief Minister Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP)|
|Beneficiaries:||Job seekers, small business & entrepreneurs|
|Launched By:||Maharashtra Government|
|Budget:||Rs. 500 crore for financial year 2019-20|
- To create employment in Maharashtra
- To support & develop small & micro businesses
- To encourage & promote entrepreneurship
- To boost state economy
- To encourage women in business & entrepreneurship
Small & Micro Business Development Scheme:
- Government will be investing upto Rs. 10 lakh in service sector & upto Rs. 50 lakh in manufacturing sector projects
- State government will provide financial assistance in form of grant between 15% to 35%
- Beneficiary will have to invest between 5% to 10%
- 60% to 80% will be provided as loan from private & nationalized banks
- The scheme is application only in Maharashtra
- Age Limit:
- Women entrepreneurship: 18 years to 45 year
- Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes: 50 year
- 30% reservation for women
- 20% reservation for SC/ST applicants
Government has allocated budget of Rs. 500 crore for the scheme which will be revised to Rs. 1,000 – 2,000 crore based on the success of the project.
The government is also planing to provide business & entrepreneurship training to the selected candidates under the scheme. The government wants to support & nurture small scale industry in the state.